I swear it's all muscle

• I had the best compliment ever yesterday.

A lady I work with stopped me in the hall to ask the typical "what are you doing?" Then she asked "About how many calories were you eating at a higher weight? I know it's been a while since you've been this high, but about how much were you eating when you were around, oh I don't know, maybe [whisper] 140?"

I proudly told her I was still in the 160's.

She was genuinely shocked. She said she guessed I was 125.

I like this woman very much.

I keep thinking I look smaller than I weigh, but I can't fully convince myself of it, ya know?
  • Awesome
  • What a great compliment!
  • HAHA! Can I work with this woman, please?
  • Great compliment, well deserved!
  • Sweet!!!! I bet that made your day! Keep up the great work!
  • That is awesome.
  • haha! nice

(do you mind if I'm all curiousishness and rude and ask you what pants size you're currently in? The pants sizes are a mystery to me....)
  • Quote: haha! nice

(do you mind if I'm all curiousishness and rude and ask you what pants size you're currently in? The pants sizes are a mystery to me....)
    Yeah, me too! At the beginning of this journey I was wearing 20's when everyone else my height/weight seemed to be in 16's/18's. Now I'm in 8/10's, store depending of course. More 10's fit than 8's at this point.
  • I probably would have hugged her!
  • Hahah that is so awesome!

Accidental compliments are the best, as you know they are the most sincere
  • Those kinds are the best compliments ever
  • Quote: Yeah, me too! At the beginning of this journey I was wearing 20's when everyone else my height/weight seemed to be in 16's/18's. Now I'm in 8/10's, store depending of course. More 10's fit than 8's at this point.
    thanks for indulging my rudeness! I'm currently sporting 8/10s myself. But I still can't figure them all out because I also just finally "got into" some size 14 shorts I haven't been able to wear comfortably in awhile. I'm guessing I bought them in a Juniors dept though when I was in undergrad because its been like 6 years since I bought them and I don't remember....
  • Quote: thanks for indulging my rudeness! I'm currently sporting 8/10s myself. But I still can't figure them all out because I also just finally "got into" some size 14 shorts I haven't been able to wear comfortably in awhile. I'm guessing I bought them in a Juniors dept though when I was in undergrad because its been like 6 years since I bought them and I don't remember....
    Yeah well, I'm sitting here in some 14's myself. The waist is cinched such that it's only a touch big on me but the hips and rear are huge! And I'm an hour glass so I'd like to know just who exactly these pants were ever supposed to fit. LOL! I think these are old style 14's.
  • I enjoy this type of post!! Your hard work is paying off.