3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   lost a significant amount & working on last ~20lbs? I need an accountability buddy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/213043-lost-significant-amount-working-last-%7E20lbs-i-need-accountability-buddy.html)

xty 09-22-2010 02:56 PM

lost a significant amount & working on last ~20lbs? I need an accountability buddy!

hi there - I am working on the last 10-20lbs after losing 100+ and could really use an accountability buddy in a relatively similar situation :)

I am a newbie to the site, but finding it a great place for support and encouragement.

most people in my day to day life have no idea I was ever 240lbs and dont get any of the issues I struggle with. would be great to find someone here to chat with and checkin with regularly.

dont care so much about stats being the same or plans being the same, but would be generally neat to find someone that has lost a bunch of weight and is in the last bit. this step feels like it has its own unique challenges!

guamvixen 09-22-2010 03:20 PM

Hi there! Welcome! HUGE congrats on your success! I'm a big loser too! (121 lbs) I would love to be your accountability buddy because I too battle with "past" weight issues. Like "Is it going to come back?" "Will I ever feel thin?" Etc. The only thing is...I'm 7 months pregnant and I can't lose weight currently! HOWEVER....if you need to vent, or have questions, PLEASE, feel free to private message me and I would love to try to help. :)

xty 09-22-2010 07:22 PM

wow your stats are amazing :)

congrats on your pregnancy and thanks for the offer to buddy up. much appreciated!

matt_H 09-22-2010 08:38 PM

I could be your buddy too!

TJFitnessDiva 09-22-2010 10:09 PM

I volunteer too! ;)

calluna 09-22-2010 10:16 PM

I might join you too - not quite sure where I'll end up but I think I'm about 20 lbs from that point. Have no idea how to do maintenance at this point and would love to have the moral support as I figure it out.

Jessica88 09-23-2010 12:18 AM

I can be too!

xty 09-23-2010 01:13 PM

yay! buddy groups are even better than one buddy :)

i am already instantly inspired by seeing everyone's achievements!

question for you all - how did you all know your goal weight? ive neven been remotely this weight or athletic shape before, so its seem so arbitrary to pick a #. even picking a body fat% seems a little challenging. i guess im aiming for low 20s body fat and will see how that looks/feels to live in?

calluna 09-23-2010 02:38 PM

Mine right now is arbitrary - 145-150, for my height, is right in the middle of the wildly varying "ideal weight" charts that one finds. I figured that was as good a place to start as any.

Also, I remember when I was 150 and liked the way I looked and felt, but that was quite a while ago. So, we'll see.

rockinrobin 09-23-2010 02:42 PM

Hey there. Congratulations on your incredible transformation!

Why not pop in over to the Maintainer's Forum??? There are lots of folks there who are dealing with the last 10 lbs or so, or have regained 10 lbs or so. There's even a thread titled Operation 5 - 10 (as in pounds). Head on over. I think you'd fit in perfectly!

As far as goal numbers. I changed mine from what it was originally and then changed it back and then changed it again. Which is fine. Goal weights are not set in stone. Not only that, it would be next to impossible to stay the same exact number. So many of us maintainers have a goal range that we stay within. It's usually a 5 lb swing.

How did I choose the weight that I aim to stay at? I like how I looke and I like how I feel. It takes some experimenting.

I don't normally comment on people goal weight status', but it does seem to me yours is awfully low considered your height. It's just outside the underweight range. You very well may want to adjust that. But of course only you can decide when you get there or even before you get there.

xty 09-23-2010 03:06 PM

It seems soooo odd to think of myself as a maintainer, I hadnt even looked in that forum :) Will check it out, thanks.

Yeah, 118 might indeed be too low. Not attached to it - just seemed like as good a # as any, hehe.

calluna - you are doing amazing by the way!

matt_H 09-23-2010 03:13 PM

how did you all know your goal weight?

I've always used the BMI as the metric for a healthy weight. My goal was to get down to that range. The top of the healthy range for my height is 200 pounds. Once that I got close to it, I realized that I still have significant amounts of fat to lose. Since then I've changed that to wanting 190 as the goal and when I get there I'll see how I look and feel.

Jessica88 09-23-2010 03:15 PM

I chose my goal weight because it was in the middle of the healthy weight range. The closer I am getting to goal the more I think that my goal weight will change and go a little lower but I will have to see when I get there. I also want to have my body fat percentage to be around 20%

xty 09-24-2010 02:32 PM

thanks for the feedback on how you picked your goal weights!

how is everyone doing this friday? i managed a workout this morning and was down .2lbs, not much but something.

anyone have any exciting weekend plans? adventures that might bring temptation? hehe :)

matt_H 09-24-2010 03:16 PM

I'm going to a Korean restaurant tonight for a friends B-day. They do have some healthier options, but alas, almost everything is cooked with a soy based sauce. That means I'll be retaining water big time from the sodium. Normally not a problem as that weight comes off quick, but I have my WW meeting tomorrow and would like to see another loss! ;)