Introduction

• Hi - I'm a soon to be 57 year old (in 2 wks) diabetec, on insulin, with a severely bad back with 100 pounds to lose. I am following (or attempting to follow) a diabetic diet with lower carbs. My main problems are portion control and lack of exercise. I'm a single for many years mother of 2, grandmother of 5, an obsessed Paul McCartney fan, retired from a paying job but babysit grandkids a lot, and sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm hoping this forum will give me inspiration and words of hope. I'm anxious to meet you all.
  • Oooohhhh....I love Paul McCartney, too! Such a cutie pie! Welcome to our board! You'll find lots of support here.
  • Hi and welcome!!! There is no better place than this board for weight loss inspiration, cyberhugs, friendship, and encouragement! I've never known a more welcoming and caring community on the web! You'll enjoy it very much!!!

for joining us!

*smiles* irishwings
  • Soiley-
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
    Feel free to jump in here and post. The more you post the better you will do, I feel. Even if you feel you arent doing well, something about reading and posting here helps. If you have a question or something to discuss, start a thread. Good luck to you!
    Laura

• So glad you found us!!! Make yourself at home..and post away. This really is a great place!!!

• Welcome!
  • Thank you all for the nice welcome. I already feel 100 times better than I did yesterday.

Soiley

248/221/don't know yet
    sw (about 6 mos ago), today, goal
  • Glad you're here! Looking forward to seeing you around the board!

Angi
  • what fun!!! new people! maybe it'll get me out of my posting slump..

lots of wonderful advice and encouragement around here... so jump in!!!