Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Don't know what to do...

I have had 2 horrible days of eating. I won't go there. I know I messed up, but I have to just move on and keep moving forward. Chalk it up to a learning experience.
Here is my newest struggle though. Something is seriously wrong with my right leg. I was thinking maybe it was my shoes, so spent an hour at the shoe store finding some really great ones...not cheap ones either. But they are really nice, almost like running on clouds. But my right leg still hurts. I can't exactly explain it. I tried in another forum, but its hard to describe. I would say first off its painful. I'm limping after my runs. Second, its ONLY my right leg. It feels like its receiving ALL of the impact when I run. Even when I try to focus on putting more weight on my left leg, it doesn't seem to matter. And lastly after I run besides the pain, it almost feels like when you turn your leg in, but I can't straighten it. It feels like my thigh bone is twisted and not sitting in the socket right.
I have an appointment with a chiropractor for the first time in my life. I hope that is what I should have done, I don't know if this is something that a regular dr should see you for. But its ONLY when I run. I can walk for miles and feel fine. So I'm thinking either I'm doing something wrong, or there is something really messed up with my leg. My brother has a degenerative hip disorder and has had to walk with a cane at times in his life starting at 19 years old. I am so hoping I don't have that.
I'm frustrated though because now I'm lost. I was seeing GREAT results from C25K...but now I'm so irritated I hate going to the gym. I'm afraid that I'm going to stop seeing results now because I can't run. I know I can do bikes and ellipticals but I want to run! Had serious breakdown about this on Wednesday. Its been a really rough week....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I know exactly how you feel... once you start running and really begin to enjoy it, it sucks to not be able to without pain. I say just take it easy until you see the chiropractor, the last thing you want to do is hurt it worse than just pain while running. Hopefully it'll be nothing more than maybe a *quirk* of running for you and the chiropractor can help you out. If not, the doctor's might not be a bad idea. Anything to keep you healthy in the long run!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I vote you go to both the chiropractor AND the doctor. It sounds like it might be a serious condition, one that you don't want to make worse and the sooner you get it checked out, the better. You also should stop running for the time being, until you find out what it is...it might be exacerbating the condition. Exercise shouldn't hurt :/
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote