Aaack! I almost gave in to Costco tempation!

• Okay, so I had to buy dog food yesterday and went to Costco on my lunch time. I also wanted to buy some new running shoes because mine were giving me shin splints, ouchie!

So what a terrible idea to go to Costco! I was bombarded with sample stations and even though I had eaten, everything looked and smelled so yummy! It was so hard to say no! I ran to the back loaded up the dog food and got to the check out asap! Only to have that billboard of pizza, sundays and ice cream bars taunt me!

I ALMOST gave in yesterday to a berry sunday...it looked so good and my mouth watered. But I looked down at my list and saw those shoes, that I need, to continue my journey and it jerked me back into reality!

I was really proud of myself yesterday, but I think I will send hubby to Costco from now on, just to be on the safe side!

Oh and I did buy some running shoes and my workout was FABULOUS last night! I was energized and excited this morning when I saw I dropped another pound!

Thanks for reading!
  • Woohoo!! Way to go and what wonderful self control!! Great job!!
  • Good job!! I just went there the other day with my mom and she was trying all the samples and eating them in front of me but I resisted. its sooooo hard though because they smell and look so good!
  • Costco is such a tough one for that. I have a hard time there too! Great job.
  • Well done on beating your old habits! That's awesome!
  • Nice work! Those sampling stations are the WORST!!!! I don't know if I could have been that strong! Good job!
  • I love the berry sundae at costco, runs about 400 calories so I will sometimes do it for lunch!

I have gotten good about walking away from the samples BUT I have in my food log a food I call Just a bite for such times as I lose will power. it is 25 caloies and every bite gets 25 calories so I can stay on plan :-)

opening time is the best time to go, no samples and quick in quick out