3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weighing in during TOM (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/212603-weighing-during-tom.html)

thewronggirl 09-16-2010 05:33 PM

Weighing in during TOM

I tried searching this without much luck. My weight stalled at 263 approximately 2 days prior to TOM--which btw is acting very strangely (start-stop-start) so I think my body is shocked by my recent behavior/feeding of it. And my weight has not budged. Does it start to move again after TOM is over? I know everyone is different, but I'd like to hear others' experiences.

Cleophas 09-16-2010 06:13 PM

My weight has a two week stall before and a two week whoosh after TOM, so yeah it certainly affects me. As for the start stop behaviour I've found that when I've done this before it tends to get a bit lighter. So just wait and see what happens with you I guess. I've moved to weighing once a month after TOM because otherwise I get annoyed ;)

beerab 09-16-2010 06:24 PM

Just keep at it, TOM usually makes me bloat a bit until after it's over but then it would be a decent drop.

Don't give up! Just don't weigh in for a while :)

thewronggirl 09-16-2010 06:27 PM

I'm not really annoyed or bothered by it so much as I am curious. I do hope my weight "whooshes" down after it's over though! haha

gottadoit2010 09-16-2010 06:35 PM

I make sure to drink my water...sometime extra right when I'm ending and I 9 times out of 10 get that whooooosh! I started on 9/6 and was 231...today I'm at 226...whoooshing away in Washington! HEHEHE

thewronggirl 09-16-2010 06:43 PM

Wow! I want to whoooooosh away like that in a couple of days! I'm drinking around 100 oz. of water per day so hopefully that'll whoosh me away too!

Rosinante 09-17-2010 02:28 AM

When I got TOM (I'm officially "past it"! :carrot:), I'd get a stall or a gain,usually, a couple of days before hand; this would continue throughout but just drop off a couple of days after it was all over. I stayed bloated during each TOM.

If it doesn't worry you, I would suggest carrying on weighing and noting ~ that way next month it won't take you so much by surprise. The thing I've done differently This Time, is learn to weigh daily, and log those weights whatever they are. For me (I know others feel differently) it's helping to take away the fear and mystery of losing weight. I know that the calories and exercise I'm doing Will produce weightloss, so I know, although sometimes I really have to remind myself still, I know that any hold or gain is something beyond my control, so I don't beat myself up about it. I'm Gradually learning to see the pattern.

thewronggirl 09-17-2010 11:14 AM

I think I accidentally took your advice before I even got it Rosinante! I've been weighing daily (sometimes even twice per day) whereas I was previously a weekly or monthly weigher. Daily tracking is really helping keep my head in the game. I'm much more conscious about daily fluctuations and since it consistently goes back to the same weight or below, I'm starting to figure things out. It's actually kind of interesting.

ChrissyBean 09-17-2010 01:20 PM

I don't weigh during TOM, because I'm irrational and don't react well to a gain, however temporary/justified. TOM gain=self pity--too many potato chips--grumpy Chrissy. I just hop on the scale again a few days after I finish.

Cherry in STL 09-17-2010 01:26 PM

I continue to weigh during TOM, but if the number shows gain or stall, I just chalk it up to TOM, and don't let it get to me. Towards the end of it for me, there's always a 2-3 lb loss seemingly overnight.

Lnoelparis 09-17-2010 01:43 PM

I know what you mean about weighing in at TOM. I will always show at least a 3 -5 lb gain a few days before and then a few days after I will be back to where I started.

I used to get really discouraged, but now I can take it in stride. I know that is just my body hanging on to that water. I keep weighing daily though, I NEED to have that daily reminder of where I am at, even during my TOM.

60lbstogo 09-18-2010 03:46 AM

I understand what you mean by TOM, but what does T-O-M stand for?

I've said it before... there should be a glossary of 3FC jargon handed to every newbie... haha!

Cleophas 09-18-2010 05:13 AM

Time Of the Month ;)

AZ Sunrises 09-18-2010 10:49 AM

:) I keep weighing. I know I'll gain up to 6 lbs, and it takes a few days after TOM for it to disappear. No biggie. I'm sure it serves some biological function instead of being simply annoying.

cfmama 09-18-2010 12:09 PM

I do weigh during that TOM however I know I go UP 3-5 pounds just before and stay there... losing it all PLUS some after I'm done. That's just how my body works.