Old 10-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default This every happen to anyone?

So yesterday I took the kids to a fall fest they had all kinds of junk there and it was free so I let the kids go wild they had popcorn, cotton candy, ice cream, and soda I had NONE I did great then my middle child did a cake walk and won a whole cake so I decided I would treat my self to one pieace after eating healthy for 3 weeks with NO treats well I had some cake last night shortly after eating it I felt sick to my stomach and then last night I couldnt sleep good this ever happen to anymone else after eating healthy and then having a treat? I can not believe how gross it made me feel I wont be treating myself to cake anymore to much sugar in it I guess.

Mini goals
1st 260
2nd 240
3rd 220

Major goals
1st 199
2nd 170
3rd and FINAL goal 140

A for every 5 pounds lost
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #2  
Out is Through

That's definitely happened to me. My body craves sugar and carbs, so if I give into it I wind up going on a longggg "binge" and I don't get back on plan for weeks, even months. Kudos to you for realizing it's not what your body wants or needs.. stay strong!

After a certain amount of time of cutting sugar out of your plan you don't crave it anymore.. you crave the nutritious food you've been feeding your body and overall you start to feel differently. I think you definitely shocked your system with that cake! :P

Who needs sweets anyway when you have carrots? ;D
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

alot of foods with sugar just don't taste good anymore. we have to redefine what 'treat' means to us. torturing ourselves isn't a treat.
going for a hike, spending time with friends/family, new exercise equiment/dvds/work out clothes. we don't need to reward with food.
i'm glad you are learning from your experiences, and congrats on your success so far!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yep, all the time. I certainly can't tolerate sugar, refined carbs, fat, or processed for the way I used to. Just see it as a sign your body is doing what it is supposed to - we're not designed to eat that stuff!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I gotta say, I've never, ever lost my taste for sweets. The cravings--the desperate, desperate needs--get much less if I am eating healthy food and plenty of it, but they always look good if I see them and taste good if I eat them. And I have low-class tastebuds, apparently: twinkies and doughnuts still taste great to me.

Furthermore, if I let myself get hungry, the foods I crave are always bad ones--greasy or sweet, depending on my mood. It took me years to learn that those cravings would be satisfied by lean protein or veggies because they were caused by hunger.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
I can not believe how gross it made me feel I wont be treating myself to cake anymore to much sugar in it I guess.
Yes, it's time to really start treating yourself - with delicious, healthy, wholesome foods. Staying on plan is the real treat. Who knew?

Now that I've got the poison, I mean the sugar out of my system, when I bring it back in - it affects me terribly. Some sugar items worse than others.

Get back to your plan, ASAP. I'm glad you've learned this valuable lesson. Unfortunately, sometimes I need to re-learn it and re-learn it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #7  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks guys. It makes me wonder how I ever lived of this stuff before.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #8  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Sugar, including very highly processed carbohydrates, is tough for me. Sends my body into a tailspin and it can be really hard to recover from it.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I've felt like that too! I decided to treat myself to a doughnut a couple of weeks ago. I stopped and got a Boston Creme doughnut, which has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Well I couldn't even eat it. It was too sweet and the chocolate topping tasted like tobacco. It was not good! I ended up throwing it out.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Yup, just yesterday in fact. We were out shopping for hours and I let my kids get a chocolate chip cookie each as a treat because they were really good the whole time. I decided to have some, and just the two bites made me sick to my stomach. The kids were fine, so I know it wasn't the cookies. My body just cannot handle it anymore.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I feel it too. I thought it was weird the first time it happened, but a lot of 3FC members say they have very similar reactions. The first time it happened I was in a rush, so I popped a Lean Cuisine dinner in the microwave, a fettucini alfredo, and chowed down. Lean Cuisine's are "supposed" to be better for you, but really they're pathetic attempts at healthy alternatives to worser things... Anyways, I was good for maybe ten or so minutes and then I got hit with the worst stomach ache! Along with that, I felt sluggish for a while, and very sleepy.

Every time I "cheat" on my diet, I'm actually allowed to have some things, like low-fat chocolate chip cookies, a scoop of ice cream, and now I'm able to eat pasta, but when I do eat them, my body makes me feel sorry for it!
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote