Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 11:53 PM   #1  

Default #172 Starting Over

Well I know I haven't been on in a long time, but I'm back and starting again. Since my husband has been home, my eating has not been good. It hasn't been horrible, and I have stayed at my current weight, but as of this morning I set my mind that I am going to start busting my but again.

Tuesday I start at the gym again (this one is at the college I am attending) and as of this morning my eating has been about 80% better. I have set a goal to loose at least 15lbs by the new year. I have also been doing more around the house (cleaning, lawn work, walking) so with all the above I hope this works.

I have also been sent to a group of doctors that deal with PCOS. Hopefully that will help. I see them in early December.

Things have been looking up for me and I am going to MAKE it continue that way.

Well I have been rambling enough and will make every effort to continue to post on a regular basis!!

Untill later,
Bella23
Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

hey Bella,
Glad to see you are back. I am glad you didnt gain while away from us. It is so hard to say that youve been away and gained a lot too. Maintaining is good! Now its time to get it in gear, right??
I am in the same boat. I keep staying the same weight. Even though I want to lose, I keep staying in the same few pound range. Gaining and losing the same few pounds. I know I wont make my Halloween goal which was to be 243 (70 pounds) this morning I was 249! How can I lose 6 pounds in ten days unless I fast or something??
I have a goal of getting my picture taken with my son this holiday season no matter what I weigh. Maybe I will remember this and help get me back on track too!

Well, keep in touch with us!
laura
313/249/243/160
start/current/halloween/final
Old 10-21-2002, 10:17 AM   #3  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Bella!

I too have just returned to the board after a long time away! So glad to see ya!!! Unfortunately I have gained weight since I've been away, and I've had to start all of this with baby steps, like not ordering fast food everyday, then trying to add a glass of water, then trying to walk 5 minutes.

We're all in this together. . .bravo for you!

love, irishwings
Old 10-21-2002, 10:54 AM   #4  

I know what you mean. I honestly don't know how I stayed at the same weight. I just feel truly lucky. My husband said I haven't eaten bad since he has been home. He noticed that I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I think that is why I maintained.

I got a house full of good for me food and am going to start drinking my water again. Hopefully since I have maintained, this will start getting some more weight off.

Good luck girls and Irishwings, your right we are all in this together.

Bella23
Old 10-21-2002, 11:03 PM   #5  
DETERMINED!

I too am starting over.I gained 20 lbs in 3 weeks!
335/160/180
Old 10-22-2002, 08:52 AM   #6  

Tired of saying this...but I too am starting over. I feel disgusting and my clothes are not fitting. I wish when I was stressed I wouldn't eat.

I skipped lunch yesterday only to end up giving into 2 candy bars. What a dummy I am!

Old 10-22-2002, 09:40 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Jenniffer....the Candy Bar Monster is alive and well over here, too! Daughter is selling them for her bowling team and having them so near during stressful times has wreacked havoc on my willpower. Thank God they're almost gone! (Mostly thanks to me... )
Old 10-22-2002, 10:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Oh Sssaaannnnddddiiii.....

I've been looking for your pppooosssttt......Are ya still doing your early morning exercise?

I'm still getting up at 4:30 am to workout. This is week 3. I understand it take 3 weeks to creat a habit! Got in my exercise and water for the day by 7am!! I have 3 more pounds to hit my Halloween mini goal. Making it a total of 16 pounds lost since Labor day, and a total of 51 pounds gone forever! I can do this! I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Starting over...well, that about says it all. I'm starting over yet again. I guess it doesn't matter if you quit 7 times as long as you get up 8, as they say.

I promise I will try to start responding to everyone on these threads. Still trying to get back into the swing of things, so please bear with me.

A couple of the guys here at work are having birthdays today and tomorrow, so guess where we are going to lunch. HOOTERS! Woo Hoo (not!)! Nothing like a restaraunt full of half naked women and oogle eyed men to make your self esteem just SOAR baby! Good grief! I know, I know...why are you going exactly, you stupid girl? Well...I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it will give me motivation to eat a salad or something, I dunno.

Well, I've got to run for the moment. I will try to come back in here and post some individuals a little later.

HUGS!!

M'Chelle

P.S. Do you think it would be considered rude if I sort of tripped one of the Hooter girls as they walked by? I could really make it look like an accident, honest! I could say that they couldn't see over their chest or something.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:51 PM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Bonnieangel (M'chelle) I have to tell you your post made my day girl!! Hey our team at work is going to Hooters next month! How weird! I think you are right though. I will probably feel like a big ol cow compared to these chicks. I know someone who let their daughter get implants and now guess where she works?? Hooters!! I think it's ok to trip them! Maybe the implants will break the fall!

Jenniffer-me too! I am sick of starting over for the millionth time. I would be at goal if I didnt keep de-railing myself!!\

Sparrow-20 pounds? really? I bet most of it is water retention. If you stick to eating right a few days, I bet a lot of it will come off as H2O. I hope so!! Anyway, good luck!!

I have a sick 7 year old with "swimmers ear" and strep throat. It was a fun weekend (sarcasm) of fever, sleeping, and whining for him. He was out of school Mon and today, but tommorow hopefully he will go back to school!!

laura
Old 10-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Well ladies and gents, I am back from the Hooters experience. And I can honestly tell you...I think I could have gone another 29 years of my life WITHOUT the Hooters experience! Good grief! I think we must have used two rolls of paper towels to wipe the druel (sp?) off of our male coworkers faces. I don't begrudge any of those girls for trying to make a living. Our waitress was a real nice kid (probably not a day over 18). But I there were some girls in there who had their shorts crammed so far up their rear ends I swear I saw string dangling out one girls nose! I wasn't too bad though. I had a roasted turkey sandwich and few fries. It was still more than I wanted to have for lunch, so I will have to be good for supper. Maybe the dh and I can go to Souper Salad tonight...any place but Hooters!

Bella - I know what you mean about starting over. It is a lot harder to eat right when the dh is around. I need to start working on mine as well. I worry about him carrying all that weight around his middle. Did you start the new gym today? How did you like it? I know that you can lose those 15 lbs by the new year.

Lorelei - It looks like you are doing awesome! It is hard to keep up the good work when there is candy everywhere for Halloween. You have done so well already, I know you will be able to make your goals. I hope the little one is feeling better. Our waitress at Hooters was too nice to trip, but I bet if I had tripped some of the others their implants would have made them bounce right back up. Boing!

Irishwings - I'm with ya on the baby steps. That's all any of us can do. But with enough baby steps you can get to where you are going. I'll start taking some of those steps with ya.

Sparrow - It is so easy to put that weight back on. But you and I both can get it back off too. I know we can. We are all right there with ya.

Jennifer & Jennelle - If candybars were illegal, I'd be in jail right now. Just went thru that with some chocolate I bought for Halloween. Needless to say, it never made it to Halloween.

Dyanm1 - 4:30 as in the morning?! You mean, there's a 4:30 in the morning too?! YOU ROCK!! You are doing awesome!

Well, I'm off to do some work, and then get massive amounts of therapy because of my wonderful lunch today. All of ya'll have a great day!

HUGS!

M'Chelle
Old 10-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #12  

If there's a weekly weigh-in for this week, I don't see it. Probably I'm supposed to start one if I need one, but I'll just post here.

Kind of screwed my week up at the end. We went out of town and didn't do THAT badly, but didn't do that great either.

I'm disappointed with the result - weighed the same this week. I was totally bummed this morning.

Interesting note - had to go to the Doc this a.m. and our bathroom scales were EXACTLY the same (to the .5) as the Doc's fancy scales. That was a nice surprise.

Angi
Old 10-22-2002, 07:37 PM   #13  
Catwoman

Been hopeless at exersizing again this week. I really need to work on motivating myself to walk. Just waiting for some nicer weather. Food wize Im doing well, getting so it's just habbit now. Went shopping yesterday and in the food court orded a salad roll no cheese butter or mayo, with a diet coke of course I used to be hopeless in food courts the chips would get me everytime now I know there's no other way if I want to keep losing.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:47 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow, M'Chelle, I'm surprised that your office would choose Hooters as a place for an office get-together. They're not worried about sexual harrassment issues? I guess you could opt out if you didn't want to go, but then that makes you look like a prude....I have never been to Hooters, and I don't ever intend to go. I feel bad about myself enough as it is without 18-year old boobies jiggling in my face...
Old 10-23-2002, 08:09 AM   #15  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

My baby did some fundraising recently, and yes it was chocolate bars. I don't know how many I ate. We finished off the last one last night, I had about half and dh had the other half. Thank goodness I practically don't eat at work so that I can still get my points.
Closed Thread