3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Onederland is tormenting me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/212121-onederland-tormenting-me.html)

matt_H 09-10-2010 01:03 PM

Onederland is tormenting me

As per usual, I have like 8 million thoughts in my head that are jumbled, so I'll use bullet points.

1) I've been above 200 pounds for well over 2 months. For a few weeks I gained a bit, and then lost what I've gained, but still ended back right hovering about 200. I've been within a couple of pounds of onederland for 2 weeks now. The last two weeks I've totally hit my calorie mark and have done really well with walking, etc. I think I'm going to have to cut back on my calories a bit more and see if that helps. The BMR calculations tell me that at my current weight I need 2300 calories to just maintain (and that is the conservative estimate using the "sedentary" adjustment factor). I eat anywhere from 1800 - 2000 calories a day and I get plenty of walking in on a daily/ weekly basis. I'm either due for a big "whoosh", there is some mistake in my BMR, or I'm dramatically underestimating my calories.

2) For psychological reasons, I really NEED to see Onederland at tomorrow's weigh in. This is because it is going to be my first week back to WW after having taken several months off from there and because I know that my weight is going to fluctuate up for a while next week. On Sunday I'm participating in this years last big walk (jimmy fund marathon walk) and I always gain water weight for about a week after one of these events.

3) September 17th is the 3 year anniversary of starting my weight loss this time around. On the 18th, I'm traveling to NY to visit a friend. I'm very close to hitting a 250 pound loss mark and I'd really love to do that by my anniversary. I'm praying for a whoosh to help me out!

rockinrobin 09-10-2010 04:11 PM

You've got some big number milestones coming up - onederland and the 250 lb mark. Very big, very rounded, very impressive sounding numbers indeed!

But two hundred is a pretty darn nice number too! And 240 something pounds lost - ummm, also pretty darn spectacular.

I understand this need for the next steps, but please, if tomorrow's not the day.. there's always the next day and the next one after that.

You'll look back years from now and when you hit those biggies won't be all that important.. just that you did - and you will..

But none the less, I'll keep me fingers crossed for ya. :)

nationalparker 09-10-2010 04:12 PM

Best of luck at tomorrow's weigh in! And I'm not being negative at ALL here, but if you don't happen to see Onederland there, don't stress about it. It sounds like you're doing everything RIGHT, and we're just at the mercy of our bodies to reflect that sooner or later.

You're such an inspiration - and have a safe and successful walk on Sunday!

Vladadog 09-10-2010 04:26 PM

I wish I could wave a magic wand and have your excess skin disappear - then you'd make your milestone no problem! But the wand is in the shop for repairs so we'll have to settle for crossed fingers and wishing.

I'm running up on Onederland myself and know how psychologically important that stupid number/concept is. As soon as I'm done typing this I'll start crossing those fingers for you!

Onederchic 09-10-2010 04:43 PM

Good luck :hug:

dragonwoman64 09-10-2010 08:11 PM

yeah, ny rules! (well, really Brooklyn does, heh heh) think about the trip and enjoying it.

Looking forward to hearing the triumphant Yelp! when you get below 200 :-)

lovemyboy 09-10-2010 10:34 PM

It seems I stall right around milestones, the bigger the milestone the longer the stall or so it seems. I hope you have a whoosh soon. If you keep on plan it WILL happen. You could always tweak calories or carb/protein/fat ratio or up the exercise, but mostly I think our bodies just need to rest a bit before dropping sometimes. This journey isn't linear, at least mine isn't. It looks more like the squiggles on an etch a sketch.

althepirate 09-10-2010 10:52 PM

You can totally do this. I know it seems impossible and disheartening, but it will come on it's own time. Try going up on calories, or down, and try more/less exercise. Tweaking is the way to go at these times

Good luck!

matt_H 09-11-2010 06:47 AM

I don't want to spam everyone with a new post, but I made it! :)

toobig 09-11-2010 07:01 AM

Way To Go!!!!!

Angie 09-11-2010 08:16 AM

Congratulations Matt!