Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default trying to hang in there...

Wow! Talk about stress. New town, new job, new schools for the kids-- we had to move before our furniture moved which meant trying to make do in an empty apartment and shuttling back and forth to a friend's house.

I've had to eat restaurant meals for practically every meal for four or five days, and NO WORKOUTS.

Finally moved in, and starting tomorrow I should be able to start exercising and eating a little bit normally.

Not sure what the scale damage looks like. I've tried to be good, but I'm not on my usual program....

Weight loss is pretty well stalled but I haven't gained any, I don't think.

Am REALLY looking forward to getting back to normal eating and exercise and shredding those last twenty-five pounds!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/198/140

Height: 5'5

Just try to hang in there and get back on track. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tryn2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

You have accomplished so much! It will all slow down and get better soon! you will be back on track and losing weight in no time!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #4  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I know what that is like, and no gain is a *major* achievement. Give yourself a thumbs up, drink some water, and look forward to your next workout!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #5  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Oh man, life just loves to chuck those curve balls at us, doesn't it? I'm dodging them myself. You are one of my heroes on this board. You are a seasoned vet at this and I know that any potential 'setbacks' during this time will amount to nothing worse than a blip. Just an inconsequential blip. No worries. Nothing you can't handle. No biggie. No sweat. You will be fine.

Hugs,
Robin
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Sending lots of s.

Whatever, don't stop tracking! IMHO, that's where things slide out of control.
Good luck! You've done so fantastically already.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You're doing great! You really are!

How's the family handling the move?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I think it's a good sign that you're looking forward to getting back to your eating and exercise plan. Good luck to you and your family settling in.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Uber, there is no way that you could have avoided this particular set of circumstances. No way what so ever.

I am CERTAIN, that you did the best you could given these circumstances and in a case like this, that is all that you CAN do.

Before you know it, things will settle down and you will be back to a normal-ish routine and whatever pounds you've gained (if any) or whatever pounds you haven't lost during that period, can be taken care of from there on in.

I'm excited for you. For all these new wonderful things and for you getting firmly back on plan, which is where I know you are most comfortable.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

There are times in life that our weight loss can not be our biggest priority. Under these circumstances, maintaining is great! Like Robin said, things will settle down and you will be back on plan!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #11  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Uber - as others have said, you can't always focus on weight loss (although I'm sure that when you eat at restos, you're trying to make healthy choices!) Your move will soon be over, you and your family will be settled in, you'll have your healthy foods on hand and your own kitchen to cook in, and you'll get back on track!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hang on, you can do it! I am in a similar boat, so just know you're not alone!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

No gain is a HUGE kudos and accomplishment. Be proud for standing strong in a time of change and instability!
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Sending lots of s.

Whatever, don't stop tracking! IMHO, that's where things slide out of control.
Good luck! You've done so fantastically already.
Thanks so much for reminding me! As soon as I read your note, I popped over to input my calories-- I have been fairly slack about that lately, not putting them in every single day. I felt so much better when I put them in and saw that I had stayed within range today....

What I've realized, with all of the hubbub, is that I DO have new habits to fall back on. The standard choices that I make ALL of the time now, sticking to veggies, fruits, lean protein and single serving dairy, really DO carry me through even when I have to eat at restaurants, and skip workouts.

What frustrates me is that sometimes even when I pick what looks the healthiest item on the menu, I realize that it's probably not as healthy as it seemed-- twice I went for a healthy looking salad only to find it loaded with cheese....

After having a fantastic workout routine for over a year, I have not really exercised much for three weeks.... but exercise is SUCH a huge part of how I feel that I am determined to hop right back on that routine....

I can feel how hard it is to focus on weight loss and weather these changes but I REFUSE to go back EVER!!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Uber, your mention of lack of exercise just caused me to remember something.

A month ago, my middle daughter got married. The mother of the groom (with whom I've been good friends with for about 17 years) said to me a few days before the wedding, "I can't wait to get back to exercising". She is a very fit woman. But yeah, we were both SWAMPED with things to do and time that was ordinarily put aside for exercise was taken up with other things. There was no way around that.

It was very funny in fact, since we are such good friends, we had so many overlapping guests, that figuring out the seating was especially difficult and we spent SO much time on the phone trying to get it together. BAck and forth, back and forth, checking and double checking..

The day before the wedding, my older daughters' dress was still a MESS and we had to find a tailor at the last minute. Than we couldn't find her shoes which were purchased months ago. We took apart the house several times. For several weeks prior there were other issues. It was a constant all day to do list. I slacked in the cooking department big time and we went out for meals a lot. And I skipped many a workout.

That was a month ago and it almost seems as if it never happened - my out of routine-ness that is.

Into every life (hopefully for good reasons) some slacking will have to occur. And getting by as unscathed as possible is the goal.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote