Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Freaky Eaters

LOL YES another TLC show!! As if watching "Hoarders: Buried Alive" wasn't bad enough!

I watched 2 shows, one with a guy who for 30 years has eaten nothing much else but 4 cheeseburgers (looks like there were some fries and cokes too) a DAY, EVERY day!! he had some diabetes problems but why wasn't he DEAD??? or the woman who ate over 6000 cals a day in SUGAR??? no FOOD, just candy and sweets and cakes all day, every day, and she was a bit chubby but certainly not morbidly obese. SO CRAZY!!! It goes to show, you never know how people eat.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Woahh!! Thats so crazy!!

I have never heard of that show, but I'm definitely gonna look it up now it sounds interesting!!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I just put it to record on the DVR
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I do pet rescue and have dealt with my share of hoarders but that show scared the **** out of me! My first reaction is always, "Who would want to watch something like that?" Then I go into the family room and set the TV to record...

Last edited by nancymae; 09-06-2010 at 12:48 AM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymae View Post
I do pet rescue and have dealt with my share of hoarders but that show scared the **** out of me! My first reaction is always, "Who would want to watch something like that?" Then I go into the family room and set the TV to record...

Old 09-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymae View Post
LOL that's exactly what my DH says to me!! "Why do you watch a show where the whole time your mouth is hanging open and you look horrified" hahah i have no idea other than a weird fascination with the human mind! It's compelling stuff to be sure!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

I just watched both shows and wow, that's about all I can say

and I want a cheeseburger and a candy bar

Last edited by Onederchic; 09-06-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #8  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I started watching the cheeseburger guy, but fell asleep during the commercials before he was going to tell his wife. He kind of reminded me of a close friend who CANNOT eat hamburgers--something about the texture/patty thing. At first I thought "oh, he must just like cheeseburgers and is a mono eater like many of us." But when he started to explain that he felt that only cheeseburgers were "safe" and he had to know how they were cooked I realized that he really did have a problem. I'm going to try to catch these again--and try to stay awake. And 6000 calories of sugar a day? Whoa--she must have felt like crap! I know I do if I have too much sugar.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #9  

6000 calories of sugar??!??! Oh my gosh! I haven't seen that one, but I did spend an entire Saturday laying on my couch, watching Toddlers and Tiaras. THAT is one scary program. I cannot fathom turning your child into a sexual object...
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

too funny. I remember eating doritos and beer for dinner (many moons ago).

yeah, I get fascinated by some of those stories too. I was reading a story in a magazine (New Yorker) the other day about a psychiatrist in New Zealand who killed his wife by grinding up drugs that lower blood sugar in a mortar in pestal, he put it in her food over a period of time. The details were so over the top, you couldn't write a fiction story like that.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...a_fact_elliott
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

My mom's idiot doctor recently told her a person could live forever on Cheerios alone. Apparently all life's nutrients can be found in Cheerios.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I saw the listing on the Program Guide but skipped over it..guess I'll have to watch it now! lol
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
My mom's idiot doctor recently told her a person could live forever on Cheerios alone. Apparently all life's nutrients can be found in Cheerios.

Or you can eat the box the Cheerios come in with a multi vitamin and it would be the same "nutrition" plus you'd get all that extra fiber...

FYI: doctors only have to take ONE nutrition class the get graduate from medical school!

OMG, I can barely stand any of the weight loss shows other than "Too Fat for 15"... But Toddlers and Tiara's? THAT is one show that I simply cannot tolerate! IMO, A bunch of train wrecks raising another generation of train wrecks...

Last edited by nancymae; 09-06-2010 at 05:27 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #14  

I haven't heard of the show either - so interesting!
ReitmansFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I didn't think I'd be interested in Freaky Eaters but kind of got sucked into because it followed Hoarders (one of my fav shows) and I gotta tell you the gal who was eating 6000+c in sweets EVERYDAY blew me away. Did she look healthy? No, she was a little overweight and her face just showed she wasn't healthy. But did she look like she ate like that on a regular basis? No, she did not. I can't believe her metabolism. Seriously, I don't know why she wasn't a lot bigger. If I ate like that you would need a team of firemen to get me out the front door of my house!

Okay, I'll admit it. I was a little jealous that she could get by with that kind of behavior and yet horrified at the same time. Yikes, I wish they would have run some kind of tests on her so she would have know if she had any health issues.

Fascinating show. I think I will be watching it again...
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote