Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/288.5/150

Height: 5'10.5

I tried on a green sweater at work. It was kind of a clingy knit and a coworker said, "Look at you, getting all skinny!"

Also, I've bought two new pairs of pants for fall, jeans and dress pants. One's a size 20, the other an 18! Last time I bought pant they were 24's.
lainey_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Yay for all those new clothing sizes out there! And congrats to all the other NSV's too!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I love this thread!

Mine were last week. I had one co-worker call me scrawny and she told me to, "...move your skinny @ss!" (she's a friend, too LOL). My boss (male) couldn't see me at my desk and said it was because I'm shrinking to the size of a pixie. Um...oh, and another friend was SHOCKED that I want to lose 30 more pounds. I got the "be healthy!" etc. lecture from her (she's not overweight). Yeah, no worries. There's a LONG way to undernourished from where I am!

OH, and my kids and I hit the dollar sale at the Salvation Army--all clothes are a loonie, no tax...but no trying on, either. I winged it (wung it?) and grabbed some Tommy Hilfiger pants, some Gap jeans, some BUM Equipment camel-coloured pants, and some Lee jeans...all in a size 12. When I tried them on at home...they all fit!!! The Hilfiger and Gap pants could use a hemming, but waist-wise, they're perfecto.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

When I went to Cape Cod last week, I wore tank tops. Publicly. Showing my bare arms.

Once I got my shoes off, I had no trouble walking up a steep sand dune. I just kind of dropped into second gear, as if I were working on the elliptical & the resistance had just gone up for an interval, and I kept moving. The grainy sand actually felt good under my feet. (Probably exfoliating & buffing my heels.) My hosts had a little trouble & I got ahead of them & had to wait for them to catch up. I vividly remember absolutely hating the struggle of walking in deep dry sand several years back.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #20  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I have always been the big sister. I am three years older and got my height early on so I've always felt like a moose next to my sister. THEN I gained 100 lbs. in one year 20 years ago while she gained a grand total of 20 lbs. after two pregnancies.

Tonight I am sitting at the computer wearing a pair of my sisters size 8 pants. Best NSV ever!!!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

The other day I went in to American Eagle to try on a skirt and some jeans. I grabbed a size 12 and it was way too big! So then I grabbed a size 10, still too big!! I finally went out and got a size 8 and it fit perfect!!! I was excited because I remember when I was younger and in high school American Eagle was a cool brand to wear but I couldn't even fit into their clothes and I always tried buying the biggest size they had online and it never fit but now I fit into an 8 there!!! yay!!!!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Yesterday it actually clicked that I'm REALLY doing this. My meme was throwing away a huge bag of clothes she's gotten too fat for, and I picked through it and saved a bunch of stuff to shrink into so that I wouldn't have to go to the salvation army or something when I get into a fourteen/twelve.

As I was going through them I realized, weightloss has never stuck with me long enough to make serious plans for down the line. And I realized I'm SERIOUS about this. I ended up going through my closet and organizing, throwing away things that are sagging on me (granted a lot of my clothes were loose to begin with, but now they're looking sloppy.) I kept a pair of "before" pants, and added a bunch of others to the goodwill bag.

And now my closet is all organized, smallest to largest.

It's a mental victory. Realizing that THIS IS IT. I'm doing it. I'm throwing the clothes away behind me and I'm broke. So unless I want to be a nudist, I gotta keep going.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

My latest NSV was being able to buy my first pair of designer jeans. Size 32. 32!!!!!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #24  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I have no more "smaller" clothes to shrink into in my closet. This is a huge milestone but also very frightening because I hate shopping. I'm thinking it will be not too bad because all of the clothes won't make me look fat (like it was the clothes' fault). I'm not sure how to shop for the new me though. It will be a learning experience.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

My husband had to remove a link from my watch last night. My wrists are getting skinny!!
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Love all these!!

My latest NSV? Well, I'm a bit stalled on lb loss. I'm down about 50lbs, but have been stuck around 240lb for like 6 weeks. I usually take body measurements once a month, but didn't bother this month because I hadn't lost any weight. This week, I finally dropped a couple of pounds, so I took some measurements just for kicks. I was amazed to see that my waist is 2 inches smaller than the last time I measured and I've only lost 3.5 lb since then?! With the first 45lb, I lost 5 inches off my waist. Now, in the last month I've lost 2 inches more, even though I only lost 3 lb! It is a reminder for me that this is about more than the number on the scale. Our bodies just aren't that predictable!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

One of my best friends is getting married at the end of April, and I love dress shopping so I have been eagerly starting to look forward to finding one for her wedding. While at the mall with a friend yesterday, I randomly tried on two dresses. One was one of those horrible horizontal pleated form fitting dresses which I tried on just for the **** of it. They've never looked good on me because I have a rather pronounced pear figure, but... This one actually fit and didn't look completely terrible.

But that was completely blown away by this cute little black velvet dress that I took into the fitting room with me on a whim; I've been wearing size 20 - 22 bottoms for several years now, and a 16 - 18 top. The dress is a 14. I pulled it on, and it fits perfectly!!!

I bought it anyway. I'm hoping I'll outgrow it before the wedding, but now I have it stashed in my closet and can try it on and keep marveling at how much skinnier it makes me look.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! The fast food thing is tough. This morning I put on a pair of size 20 jeans I had in a bin of clothes that don't fit. That was nice, plus they were not the super stretch kind where you wear it for two hours and then are swimming in them. Just a nice form fitting denim.

Last edited by dancinginpaint; 01-15-2011 at 05:22 PM.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/195/150

I had to put my rings away until I can get them resized. I almost lost them twice this week!

And I got to go shopping in my closet and bring out a bunch of clothes I haven't fit inti in a couple years. What a wonderful feeling
Charms is offline   Reply With Quote