Same old mirror...new me.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • One of my school buildings has an elevator right next to the stairs and the doors are big old wall sized mirrors. I pass it a million times a day on my way up to get kids. In the past, I have hated that thing and have told myself how big it made me look. It's not a real mirror, you know. It's a banged up wall basically that has a mirrored outer coating. Not flattering.

Today, for the first time after a long summer, I walked up those stairs and wanted to just stand there marveling at it. My how it has changed. I think it got a face lift!
  • LOL- good for you!
  • Nice!
  • Rofl!
  • Sweet!!!
  • Hahah! I looove it! My semester starts back up on Thursday and I look forward to walking past some of those old mirrors from the past few years lol!

Congrats!
  • You show that mirror who's boss!!! lol
  • Love it!
  • Something tells me they didn't do building renovation to the mirrors. Must be all your hard work.
  • It is wonderful to not shy away from mirrors (& cameras & people & shopping trips & physical exertion & & &..).
  • Congrats on your great NSV!
  • That's a fab NSV! I used to avoid mirrors at all costs, but now I check out my reflection morning, noon and night, and I've even noticed lately that when out shopping with DH and DD if they're looking at things I've gone off to seek out a mirror to walk past, just because it makes me smile! It feels so vain to do that, but really, right now, I don't care lol. I spent so many years hating myself, I'm now relishing every moment that I feel good about myself.
  • LOL, thank you for sharing that anecdote. It's great. Congrats on a major NSV!
  • Quote: That's a fab NSV! I used to avoid mirrors at all costs, but now I check out my reflection morning, noon and night, and I've even noticed lately that when out shopping with DH and DD if they're looking at things I've gone off to seek out a mirror to walk past, just because it makes me smile! It feels so vain to do that, but really, right now, I don't care lol. I spent so many years hating myself, I'm now relishing every moment that I feel good about myself.
    Yes! There's also an art display case and the window is highly reflective. I just stare and admire myself as I walk by!
  • This got me to thinking, I started this venture because I was literally terrified for my life. I looked at it as a matter of life or death (because it was), but somewhere along the line, my vanity, which had long be gone, came roaring back.

And I look in the mirror - a LOT. I like what I see and I like seeing it! It feels weird sometimes, but I can't seem to stop myself (& should I?). 3+ years later and I'm still doing it, though less. When my collar bones first popped, omg, I couldn't get enough of it. My muscles - I could flex for a good few minutes.

After abhorring my reflection, my looks for so many years (decades), it is still exciting to see the new me, or perhaps I should say, the real me.