Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 AM   #1  

Thumbs up I've just had it....

This is IT..the final straw!!! I am so fed up with myself--putting in a half-a**ed effort and expecting a miracle weight loss. Geez!! If I want real results I'm gonna have to put in some real effort. My size 16W jeans are strangling me as we speak!! AAAAACK!!
I'm also hacked off that I'm afraid to go out and exercise like I'm used to doing because some wingnut with a rifle is killing people at random in the area where I live. No soccer games for the kids, no after school activities...I'm just so angry and frustrated that this horrible person has this kind of power over how we live our lives.

God..sorry to sound like such a harpie--I just had to let off some steam...Feeling fat, frustrated and furious here in the suburban DC area....

Barb
Old 10-10-2002, 09:04 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sweetie - your not alone. Read post #171. We are ALL done making excuses!!

I do feel bad for you regarding what's going on in your area. STAY SAFE!!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:07 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Your frustration came through!
I can't imagine living where you are right now. You want to lead a normal life but with everything being so random it's just too scary.

Dana
Old 10-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Barb,

I'm gonna throw a little tough love your way......go get an exercise video, run...don't walk. I mentioned Walk Away the Pounds on one of your other threads. There really is no reason that you can't exercise. I realize that there is a sicko in your area, but don't let him control your weight loss efforts. What works for me is, NOT thinking about it, just doing it. If I thought about all the time and energy, I would always find some way out. But instead I make my mind blank and just go do it. I hope I wasn't too harsh! Now get off your duff and do something about it!
Old 10-10-2002, 10:36 AM   #5  

I already have the Sansone video, et al...I've done my treadmill, etc...but like I said, I want to exercise the way I ALWAYS have which is outside. If I want to do it inside it should be my choice..not one forced on me by some lunatic. Thanks for the good intentions, though--like I said, I'm just frustrated that things seem so out of control. I'll get over it...
Old 10-10-2002, 12:02 PM   #6  

Don't let this maniac with a gun control your life. I can only imagine how scary it is for you and your family, but you must maintain your motivation. If you let him keep you scared of living, you are letting him win. Keep your chin up. I'm sure that the police are making progress and hopefully this man will be out of the public very soon.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:26 PM   #7  

Well, I'm going to take my daughter shopping after school. Am I afraid? Kinda. But I'm going to do it--I HAVE to do it. Unfortunately, all of my daughter's usual activities have been cancelled (lacrosse & soccer). So...shopping it is!!
Old 10-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good for you!
Old 10-10-2002, 01:45 PM   #9  

Let it out...

scream, cry, shout, vent, whyne...

Were here.

Old 10-10-2002, 04:23 PM   #10  

Take it easy. It's real scary what's happening, but try and not let your anger, tension and frustration resort to eating unnecessary food. Try and move about your house, doing some indoor aerobics, or play in your yard. it's a real shame that life has stopped in your area cause of this.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:29 PM   #11  

Thanks Dougie--I've been walking on my street with my dogs, but sure not the same as the trails around the lake that I love so much. Oh well...exercise is exercise, I suppose. My shopping trip with my daughter did me a world of good this afternoon--I didn't feel so "victimized" (for lack of a better word). My daughter is asking me a lot of questions about this that I don't have answers for. Hopefully something will break in this case REAL soon and our communities can get back to normal.

Thanks again.
Barb
Old 10-10-2002, 07:00 PM   #12  
hot mom wanna be!

How about this for a thought? Some of us would give anything to squeeze into a size 16! But, I understand the feelings no matter what the size. I agree you can walk outside in your neigborhood with the dogs or friends, etc... I wouldnt go by myself. I live in Virginia and even here (about 2 hours away) some schools are very cautious. No kids playing outside the school-police at the schools when kids come and leave, etc... I live near Va Beach so it's not like that here. Take care, be careful and try not to let any kind of terrorists take control of your day to day life!

laura
Old 10-11-2002, 07:14 AM   #13  

Hey Laura! I used to live in Va Beach before moving here! I KNEW I should have stayed!! LOL!! We lived in Salem Woods (off Lynnhaven Parkway). My husband was a naval officer and Va Beach is where we lived the longest without a transfer. I loved it there...

Barb
Old 10-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #14  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey!
I was wondering if you would see my post. I actually live in Chesapeake which nobody has heard of unless you live around here! Small world huh? When did you move? Did you know about two years ago we got a killer mall here in Norfolk (next to Scope). We actually have a Nordstrom!! Also stores like Godiva, Tommy Hilfiger,etc... Its more upscale than the usual malls-can you tell I am a certified mall rat??
laura
Old 10-11-2002, 11:14 PM   #15  

Hey Laura! Is this the MacArthur Mall thing in downtown Norfolk that you're talking about? It was under construction when we left. I love the Chesapeake area...do you ever go to Pungo for the Strawberry Festival?? Gosh..I miss that whole area--I knew it like the back of my hand. Here it's so busy..so stressful...just go, go, go!! I'm from the deep south originally and this pace is just not for me. The malls up here are to DIE for, though!! LOL!!]

Bar
Closed Thread