Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Default Back after a long absence

I used to post more, and then had 2 babies and between being pregnant and nursing, sort of fell off the board for a few years. But my youngest (and last!) is 18mos and I've been back on track for a while now.

As of this morning, I am down 100 lbs! I hit my all-time high after my son was born in late 2006, and was able to lose 70lbs. then I got pregnant with my daughter and was up 25lbs after she was born and stayed there for months (I have a reallllllly hard time losing weight whilst nursing). I really got focused earlier this year and have lost 40lbs since March, bringing me to where I am now.

I read Paul McKenna's book "I Can Make You Thin." If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. I saw his special on TLC, he's a Dr who studied the habits of naturally thin people and what makes them different from the "rest of us." All of a sudden I stopped obsession about points and calories and counting, and the weight started coming off.

My true focus on getting to my goal weight, is because I need hernia surgery that I cannot have until I'm at or under 170lbs. 3 c-sections have wreaked havoc on my body and it took getting an inoperable hernia to really get me in check.

I can't wait to meet everyone here who've joined since I was last here, and to catch up with the people I posted with before! Please tell me about yourself and (if you are a long-timer) update me!

Last edited by Raelynn; 09-26-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome back.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Congrats on your wonderful babies. Also - for your awesome weight loss.

I have read Paul McKenna's book. It's alot like mindful intuative eating. I often listen to the wonderful Relaxation and Imagery CD that comes with the book. I did try his approach years ago -but with my blood sugar concerns, if I waited until I felt hunger - my blood sugar was way too low. It's a good approach for some folks.

Glad you posted!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome back!

You are doing fabulously. I'm glad you've found something that you are willing to make work.

I look forward to hearing more from you and of your continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Thanks!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote