Old 08-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ahh.... I ALWAYS feel better when I hear from you guys!

First, those of you who mentioned that exercise is a DESTRESSOR really hit the nail on the head. I cope MUCH better with life in general when I exercise, and I consider my new exercise habit to be one of the big things that has helped me. I don't normally skip my workouts "because I'm tired" but I've done so a few times recently. Up until the beginning of August I always got in at least 4 workouts per week, usually five. The last three weeks I've been struggling to fit in three.... the main problem has been that most of the travelling I've been doing has been DRIVING, which sucks my time.

Regarding food-- Rosinante you really got to the truth on that one. The extra calories have come in from a few areas-- 1)nibbling. I've lost 105 lbs by NOT NIBBLING. So far I haven't been nibbling stuff on my "no" list, but I have nibbled a few odd things, like a spoonful of flax seed...?!?! 2) adding an unplanned starch-- for example, last night, I made fajitas. Normally I would have skipped the tortilla, but I ate one. The night before, my DH made dinner and put a slice of fresh homemade bread on the plate. Normally, I would have skipped it and reminded him that I don't eat bread with dinner, but I ate it.

I have to be honest that I can't complain. The stressors in my life are all good things. I have nothing to complain about-- and I think that poor stress management has been a HUGE contributor to my obesity.

I'm just TERRIFIED of reverting back to those old self-comforting habits.

I find that to maintain my new habits, I need to keep my eye on the ball. The more I'm distracted with other things, the more likely I am to slip up without really meaning to.

Thanks everybody!!!!

I will DEFINITELY not skip my workout today. And also, I'm cheered because I DID take a brisk walk around the neighborhood yesterday to clear my head, and I didn't even think to "count" that as exercise.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #17  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Uber, I could have written the original post you made...amazing. I think I'm going to start a small "don't lose your grip" challenge to help wrap my mind and habits back around where I need to be. Care to join me?
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calluna View Post
Uber, I could have written the original post you made...amazing. I think I'm going to start a small "don't lose your grip" challenge to help wrap my mind and habits back around where I need to be. Care to join me?
Yup! I hopped on to the thread. We are in the same place and can help each other, although I'm really sorry for what you've been through as it seems much worse than what I'm dealing with.

I feel less discouraged now that I'm not hanging out ALONE on that dang 190s thread!!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #19  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Sorry you are stressed. I wish I had advice...instead I will just send prayers/good thoughts your way. This is just a season and this too shall pass. I hope it passes for you soon!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote