3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Never felt so fantastic and so proud of myself (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/210834-never-felt-so-fantastic-so-proud-myself.html)

ChunkyDunk78 08-24-2010 08:44 AM

Never felt so fantastic and so proud of myself

Am I unnaturally "high" on the success I've been having here? It is hard work. But for once, I can see that the hard work I am putting in is REALLY paying off.
On July 17th, I weighed 363 lbs. Today (just over 5 weeks later), I weigh 331.8

I have never been so proud of myself and felt so great about myself before! (even when I was much smaller before... because I didn't ever make a huge effort to take control of my body and health). *sigh*.

This really gives me the energy to keep going! Hopefully by the time I hit a plateau (and I know I probably will at some point) I will be clear headed and know that I can just wait it out (as I've already more than made up for a couple lost weeks). Woot.

Rosinante 08-24-2010 09:11 AM

Wonderful! Well done! How are you doing it?

Eliana 08-24-2010 09:16 AM

Fantastic start! I'm so impressed! This is definitely a motivating place and I understand that euphoric "high". It's well earned, well deserved and provides that forward momentum to keep going.

You're right, you can handle a plateau. Just come back to this thread if one ever hits. ;)

caryesings 08-24-2010 10:38 AM

Go girl go!

time2lose 08-24-2010 10:56 AM

Losing 31 pounds is something to celebrate. You are off to a great start. Congratulations!

Lyn2007 08-24-2010 11:08 AM

You are doing GREAT! I am so happy for you!

JustBeckyV 08-24-2010 11:16 AM

WOW - that is incredible!! YOu should be proud!!

Pacifica Bee 08-24-2010 11:21 AM

AWESOME! I bet you are already starting to feel better, too!

ChunkyDunk78 08-24-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosinante (Post 3450689)
Wonderful! Well done! How are you doing it?

Thanks all :)

As to how I am doing it...
Lets see...
#1- Food-- I use fitday.com to track everything... I don't have an exact cut off or limit, but it does make me pay attention to what I eat.
#2- Water-- I used to drink soda, rarely water. Now I drink only water (i used the little flavored packets that have like 10 calories a packet)... I drink AT LEAST 100 oz. a day.
#3- Exercise-- Walking mostly. Some stretching. Started at under half a mile a day... Now I walk a mile most evenings.
#4-- protein. Yup.... I think that I am prone to not really caring whether I eat protein or not. But it definitely helps you feel full longer, gives you energy longer, and wards off cravings.
#5- journaling. For the first couple weeks, I basically pep talked myself up daily.
#6- support. Online and IRL friends.