Hello fellow chickies ...

• Hello everyone! Just another newbie here. I was a member of 3FC a very long time ago, and it's great to be back.

Let's see, I guess I should tell a little about myself. Well, my name is Stephanie, and I'm a romance author from the deep South. I've been married sixteen years to my best friend, and we have two boys (ages 13 and 9). I just turned 40 two weeks ago. (OUCH! ) I was a member of Weight Watchers from November 2008 to July 2009, and I managed to lose 50 pounds. Then my husband was diagnosed with skin cancer, and our lives were suddenly turned upside down. I dealt with the stress by turning to food, and now here I am back to my starting weight of 310 pounds. By the grace of God though, my husband is now cancer-free.

Needless to say, everything our family has been through has made me realize just how precious life is, and I don't want to waste another day in this body that isn't 'me'. There's a healthy, happy wife and Mother lurking inside me somewhere, and I'm determined to find her, once and for all.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Welcome back!
    Wonderful to hear your DH is cancer free, thats fantastic!!

Good luck to you on your journey
  • Thank you for joining us!!!! I look forward to getting to know you
  • Hi and welcome back to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Thanks ladies! It's great meeting all of you!

Stephanie
  • Welcome back! Nice to meet you, I look forward to reading your posts.
  • What an ordeal you have been through - I really can't imagine it. I am so glad to hear of your husband being cancer free.

Quote:
    Needless to say, everything our family has been through has made me realize just how precious life is, and I don't want to waste another day in this body that isn't 'me'. There's a healthy, happy wife and Mother lurking inside me somewhere, and I'm determined to find her, once and for all.
    I love this way of thinking and I am excited for you!! Determination - that's what it's about. It can take you very, very far. I look forward to hearing of your progress and success.
  • Welcome back!
  • Thank you! It's great being here with you ladies.
  • Welcome back!
  • Thanks Tai.
  • Welcome to the group!
  • Thanks Becky!