Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default Group Walk

I know a lot of us walk for our exercise either daily/weekly/monthly.

I don't know if this is at all probable but I had an idea that I think could work.

Some may get demotivated during their walk if they can't go more than that half mile or to the end of the block. I know when I started walking a mile was enough exercise to last me a week (so it seemed) but the more I walked and the more I concentrated on my goal of going farther it became easier for me.

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I was thinking for those who are and who would be comfortable with it: we could all go for a walk together. I mean schedule a day/time that works for everyone who is interested. I know we all live in different time zones/countries/whatnot and it's not always the best weather out everywhere at once but short of a downpour I will always go for a walk.

And if we got demotivated along the way, if you have a phone capable of getting the internet go on the forums and post in this topic or everyone get on an instant messaging site or use gmail so we could all talk and keep one another motivated. With really the only goal being to get that mile out of the way for the day or to get a mile and a half.

This is just a thing I thought of for those of us who walk alone or for those of us who would like an exercise buddy that understands what we are going through when we do go for these walks/jogs/runs.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm down any day to go for a walk and help anyone/everyone out if I can.
Misty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Sounds like a great idea - I know for me I don't check my phone when i am out running though. I would be able to check when I was done.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

OMG that sounds so fun!!!
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote