Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 07:18 PM   #16  

Hi,

When I was pregnant with my son, I stopped in the MotherCare (or maybe it's Motherhood Maternity) or whatever that maternity store is in my local mall. I was only four months along and not even showing yet (I only gained 17 pounds total through my pregnancy) and the saleslady marched up to me and "we don't sell plus sizes in the store, you'll have to order from our webiste." I was so upset, but didn't have the guts to say anything. I keep meaning to march back in there with my son (who is now three) and tell a manager, but I think I've waited too long : ) I also noticed that store only has sales that apply to the store, so if you're plus sized and order online, you can't get sale prices. I never bought anything from there ever.

I'm fortunate that's the only thing that has ever happened. I can't believe how cruel people can be. You wouldn't walk up to a disabled person and make fun of them to their face!
Sherry
Old 10-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #17  

I can sure relate to alot of what y'all have been through. I don't know how many kids have asked me "do you know you're fat." I've also heard "you have such a pretty face." I remember a couple of incidents where I was walking at a track and had a carload of guys calling me fat names. That made me so mad. I just try to ignore the name calling. Recently, I was walking in Super Walmart with my son and some old "fart" walked up to me and told me I needed to go on a diet. Mind you, I didn't know him from Adam. That really ticked me off. I think I made some smart remark, like, "oh really." Then I just walked off. I was so mad. I can't believe how people can be so insensitive.

Elaine
Old 10-16-2002, 06:26 AM   #18  

I hate it when your friends' children like to bring out the weighing scales when you visit their house and everyone has to stand on the scales and get 'weighed in'. What i have found out very often is often your friend is also quite keen to see what you weigh in at.
Now that makes you think, 'are you really my friend?', or do you just want to know what i weigh so you can tell others.

I just refuse to do it now, my scales are private to me, there is no way i am going to be the center of attention by winning the weigh in contest.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:04 AM   #19  
hot mom wanna be!

Dougie-WHAT??
I cant believe your friends do that. I have never heard of such a thing! What do they think they are doing -running a Weight Watchers center or something?? The nerve of some people. I think you are absolutely right. They just want to know how much you weigh... good for you for not participating anymore in that nonsense!
laura
Old 10-17-2002, 11:50 AM   #20  

Since we're also talking about rude comments here, I have to share. . . When I was in my twenties, I was at my Mom and Dad's church. My Mom and I were talking to a lady about my middle sister, Debbie. The lady said, "Oh, now, Debbie? Is she the thin, pretty one?" I was standing right there!

And, sadly, I was about thirty pounds lighter than my current weight.

People don't seem to make these comments to me these days. I mean, it's been years. I'm so sarcastic and sharp-tongued sometimes - maybe I scare them away!

Angi
Closed Thread