Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Progress, but...

Finally got the guts to weight myself this morning..... 255.4!!! 7 pounds lost in two weeks! WOOOOO!!!!!

I'm getting a really good handle on watching portions, making smarter choices, being more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, etc. Started Zumba and some belly dancing on the days that I don't work.

However, I just got a fantastic job offer for a position at the University. VERY excited for the better pay and the fantastic benefits, however, it's going to totally turn my life schedule upside down and I'll be at a desk all day now instead of my running around like a madwoman waitress shifts.

I know right off that already having to be up at 6am to get ready for work and not being a morning person at ALL, planning to get up even earlier will only be setting myself up for failure. Aside from what I've already planned (packing my own lunches to avoid fast food, taking part of my lunch time to walk the campus, etc) are there any suggestions on how to keep up the level of activity that my body is used to into an office job 40 hour a week lifestyle?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #2  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Have to make the time. Myself I am not a morning person either but get up an hour earlier to make time in the morning. I also run after work. That's always a great choice - right after work. Take your work out clothes with you and change before you leave. That will get you in a habit and less apt to skip a work out.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Can you use the school's recreation center/gym? I know at my school, faculty can pay a small fee (like $80 a semester) and have full gym privileges. If you packed your work-out clothes with you and brought a snack, you could go straight from the office to the gym.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #4  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

While your waitress job had you running around it also had food around all the time. I think once things settle you can find ways to get in some extra exercise. But I think having planned meals and snacks would be alot easier at a desk job. Just remember your goals and you will find a way to make it work. Congrats on the job.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote