Same weight for 2 months

• Here's the facts:
    I reached my 100 pound loss around the first of June
    I continued eating around 1500-1600 calories
    I gave up soda 3 months ago
    I continue to do boot camp 3 days a week
    Cardio at least 3 days a week (usually 5 days) weekly average 10-15 miles
    Added in kickboxing class 1hour 1 time a week
    Ever so often I have things going on and calories barely reach 1000 for the day
    I eat pretty much the same foods

What am I doing wrong?
    Why could I be staying the same?
    I have done this own my own so fair.
    Should I consult a doctor or dietitian?
    Am I not eating enough for the amount of exercise?
    I KNOW I am building muscle but I can't understand not dropping pounds.
    I drink more than enough water, about 12 bottles a day plus crystal light 1/2 gallon pitcher.
    I take vitamins,a multi,b-12 and biotin.

I'm at a loss.
  • Me too! And you know what? I measured my waist this morning and just this week I've lost a half inch there. I haven't lost anything off my waist for months and months! I think my thighs had to catch up.

Sometimes I think my body hangs on to water while it shifts some weight around. It's just a theory, but when I hit really bad stalls, I seem to drop inches. Maybe you're doing the same?
  • You're getting quite close to your goal, so the dreaded last X number of pounds thing may be setting in. For me it started at around 185. I was already eating 1200 calories a day so I couldn't go lower. I just had to grit my teeth and wait it out (and vent occasionally ) If you're eating 1600 calories/day and not getting good results, would you consider lowering this number? Perhaps you should re-evaluate after getting to such a low number? If not, just keep plugging away, you'll get there eventually!
  • I'm stuck too, and I find that just keeping on keeping on finally gets things moving again. I was STUCK at 185 forever, but then I sort of whooshed down to where I am, where I'm stuck again.

Just don't give up and focus on inches lost rather than pounds for now.
  • Try lokking at what your eating not just how much. A friend of mine hit that hump and started watching our for processed carbs and starches and booom!!!! off it came good luck
  • I hear your frustration. I recently added in more exercise. It lead to a big old stall. My muscles are getting defined and I have lost 2 inches off of my waist but I have stalled. Of course I'm one pound away from being overweight which makes me crazy. A woosh is coming. Maybe your body is just adjusting to the exercise. At any rate, you are in good company.
  • I agree with lowering the calories a bit or kicking up work outs some. Some people live by the mix it up and get your body back into losing again.
  • Call this the right thread at the right time. I'm STUCK too!

In fact, I actually ended the month with a net gain of 1 lb.... I whooshed down about seven pounds in ten days in early June and then NADA, just bouncing between 191 and 193 every day. BOO.

I was SO excited when I hit the 104 lbs down and started thinking about getting into the 180s that I dropped my cals, and upped my exercise-- I was actually sticking at 1200 MAX and staying below some days.... I did that for 3 weeks and during that time I bounced two pounds up...

Now the last two weeks, I've been travelling so much that I've had fewer workouts and have changed my diet a little bit--eating more stuff that I wouldn't normally eat-- but still keeping my cals in the 1200-1400 range, but more days at 1400... also I've only worked out 3X week.

Net result: still stuck.

Have been a little worried because I have a lot on my plate right now, moving, finishing a big project, and changing jobs all in the offing in the next few weeks. So it's harder for me to concentrate on weight loss, and I worry that with the lack of scale movement I'll have a hard time staying focused.

Sorry Nikki-- I didn't mean to make this all about me. The bottom line is that I don't really know what causes us to get stuck, but I wanted you to know you are not alone.
  • Thank you all for the responses. I am keeping up a strong fight. It sure helped when last night someone who I haven't seen in a month went on and on about how much thinner and more toned I look. He said when he saw me walking toward him he didn't know it was me. He went on about how defined my waist has become and thin yet muscular my legs are. Maybe I am getting a new shape after all. Lets hope the change in seasons will bring on big drop on the scale. I am so close to goal I can taste it!
  • It's odd because I stuck once when I moved from morbidly obese to "just obese" and now, I'm stuck at the top end of the "overweight" BMI.... as if my body "knows" about BMI.

My body seems so happy with a BMI of 29.... UGH.
  • Nikki,
    You have done a fantastic job losing so much weight and toning your body.
    I've had to fight a plateau because I am losing the last 10-15 pounds. I recently started losing again... slowly... but I'll take it! When I feel upset about not seeing the scale go down, I look at my weight loss chart and old pics and soon I feel much better.
    I doubt that you are doing anything wrong. It's just your body holding on for a while. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • I am also stuck, I've been around 195-200 for months now >=\