My first enjoyable shopping trip!! Finally!

• Apparently I am just a Right Fit (Fashion Bug/ Lane Bryant) girl!! I guess I'm just limited to that brand of jeans and nice slacks. I found my size, they fit perfectly and then it was on to shirts!

I had a ball! I think I tried on every shirt in the store! And I can not believe that I am a size small! How did that happen? And I'm not...so what happens when I'm too small for a small? It's the vanity sizing, ya know? I ended up buying two size small shirts at the Gap and thought it was a fluke because it was the outlet mall. But now everything but one shirt fit me in a size small at Fashion Bug. So really...where do small people shop?

I tried on styles that never would have worked before...and they did! And I tried on styles that would have been perfect before...and they were awful! And I tried on styles that were awful before...and they're awful now, maybe worse. But I actually, for the first time possibly ever, enjoyed myself in a store.

I still had the feeling the cashier was going to make me put my purchases back, especially the small shirts, but of course she did not.

And the best part? I never knew this because I only shopped Lane Bryant. Fashion Bug carries regular and plus sizes all together without delegating anyone to a certain spot in the store. Though they do wisely segregate juniors. But each rack was clearly marked size S-4X or 1-30 or S-XL or however that rack was organized. Why can't all stores do that? There were a couple styles only offered in smaller sizes or only offered in plus sizes and those racks were clearly marked as such. Simple.
  • That's fantastic! Way to go! I can't imagine ever fitting into a small but maybe I will and then feel like you did.

You are funny about the cashier making you put it back!
  • congrats.........
  • Congratulations, what a great day out!
  • Awesome!! You will find a new store - I have started shopping at Kohl's and JcPenny's more than ever before! It's nice to have levi's again lol sounds silly but love it!
  • Good for you, so glad you had fun
  • That's great!! And I so relate to the idea of being asked to put things back, LOL.

Today, my mom gave me a sweater that it was too big for her. It was a MEDIUM. I just cannot conceive of myself wearing a medium. Not no way, not no how! Did I mention, it fit?
  • Small seems so unattainable for me at this point! But I hope to get there some day! I love Lane Bryants right fit, but they discontinued it. I will have to check out Fashion Bug. I need a size smaller then I have now.
    It must be such a great feeling!
  • Woot Woot You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awesome!
  • AAaawwww!! That sounds like so much fun. Way to go. You have worked hard to get here, you deserve every moment of shopping bliss.