Top three goals

• Just curious, what are the top three things you will do along the way to your goal weight? Mine are:

1- Go to sing karaoke and not have that annoying little voice telling me that people aren't listening to my song, but thinking "wow, she's so fat!!"

2- Try out for one of the many community theater groups in the area

3- Run in the SLC marathon!!

Please post so we can support each other, and don't forget to update when a goal's been reached!
  • In random order:

1. Get under 200 lbs

2. Run 5k with boss and boss's boss.

3. Get up to working out 6 days a week.
  • 1. Get my outer appearance to match the image I have of myself in my head. (I just realized in another thread I have finally these past two weeks met this goal!)

2. Remain on plan each and every day for one year. (Just shy of nine months in)

3. Bike 60-70 miles to a town down the bike path for well-deserved ice cream! (Where the husband will be waiting to drive my butt home.)
  • 1. Run a 5K
    2. Take up horseback riding again
    3. Get to my actual goal weight.
  • Shebi I say go sing karoke NOW, join the theatre group NOW! maybe the 5k has to wait a bit but the others don't The best thing anyone ever said to me was "You're not that interesting -- not everyone is looking AT YOU" lol it's true, it's in your head -- go sing and act yay! that'll make you so happy NOWWWWW
  • Quote: Just curious, what are the top three things you will do along the way to your goal weight? Mine are:

1- Go to sing karaoke and not have that annoying little voice telling me that people aren't listening to my song, but thinking "wow, she's so fat!!"

2- Try out for one of the many community theater groups in the area
    !
    Wow, we think alike! I've wanted to do community theater, but I don't want to have to play only fat and matronly roles
  • 1. To ride on a plane and not only have the seat belt fit comfortably but I want it to have some slack in it too!
    2. Actually enjoy exercising.
    3. Be able to shop for clothes that actually fit me and look good in any store I walk in.
  • 1. Run the Liberty Days 5k next 4th of July. This past one I sat on my front porch at 236 lbs, smoking a cigarette watching all the runners and walkers go right past my house. I will sign up for it next year!

2. Quit smoking. It's not exactly weight loss related, but if I wasn't a smoker I am sure it would be WAY easier for me to become a runner. Besides I want to quit before my 30th birthday, and I am a hypocrite for trying to be (and trying to make the rest of my family) healthier while I smoke a pack and a half a day.

3. I guess the last one would be to get to Onederland. I have came so close to it over the years. I got to around 205 in like 2005 and then started back old habits. Last time I was One-hundred anything was in 1999.
  • 1. Break the 200lb mark
    2. tone up
    3. eat to live
  • 1. Lose 40 pounds by my 40th b-day in December
    2. Run a 5K
    3. Be able to buy lingerie at Victoria's Secret.
  • 3 goals
    My 3 goals are

1. Help myself and hubby lose 20 lbs each, to start with
    2. Be able to walk around White Rock , rather then drive it
    3. To be able to wear a bikini, not that I would, but to be able to would be awesome

I had to think about these, the only ones I really could come up with were ones for my hubby. To think of myself is a challenge I live with constantly, not something i have made a habit of , hense being over weight and doing the battle royal with it
  • 1. To run a 10k
    2. Tighten my tummy!
    3. Possible tummy tuck
  • Quote: My 3 goals are

1. Help myself and hubby lose 20 lbs each, to start with
    2. Be able to walk around White Rock , rather then drive it
    3. To be able to wear a bikini, not that I would, but to be able to would be awesome

I had to think about these, the only ones I really could come up with were ones for my hubby. To think of myself is a challenge I live with constantly, not something i have made a habit of , hense being over weight and doing the battle royal with it
    I finally learned a few years ago that if you don't put yourself first, nothing will be accomplished. I love my hubby, but if I don't start taking care of myself, I won't be around very long to keep loving him. You can do this!!