Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #1  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Default I'm so happy...&& yet...

I'm not......I'm only 28yrs old && on this long road to what I call recovery I realize at the end of it to be fully HAPPY I'm going to have to have surgery to compete it. How shameful... I'm going to need it on my arms && stomach... Tummy no big deal, I earned that from carrying my two sons IF for no other reason. HAHA! But to feel anywhere remotely normal even at a normal weight I know I'll have to have surgery to take away the skin that's been abused, HOW Embarassing!!! As if the horrific car accident I was in when I was 10yrs old wasn't bad enough. I said to myself my twenties may have sucked for me body wise but my 30's will be BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilla View Post
I'm not......I'm only 28yrs old && on this long road to what I call recovery I realize at the end of it to be fully HAPPY I'm going to have to have surgery to compete it. How shameful... I'm going to need it on my arms && stomach... Tummy no big deal, I earned that from carrying my two sons IF for no other reason. HAHA! But to feel anywhere remotely normal even at a normal weight I know I'll have to have surgery to take away the skin that's been abused, HOW Embarassing!!! As if the horrific car accident I was in when I was 10yrs old wasn't bad enough. I said to myself my twenties may have sucked for me body wise but my 30's will be BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I have an apron of skin that basically hangs down around my waist and pockets of skin hanging off my butt and arms. I don't plan on having the surgery until at least 3 years maintaining a normal weight. I know that there will be SIGNIFICANT improvement over time and after 3 years I'll decide whether the cost of the surgery is worth the improvement in appearance.

Having some hanging skin is so much better than being obese.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You're young yet, so maybe you WON'T really need the surgery. I'm creeping up on 39 and I'm really amazed at how my belly is shrinking. I don't expect it to be totally flat (also 2 kids and MANY years of being fat) but so far it's not as scary as I was thinking it WOULD be, you know? I'll always have the deflated balloon-y stuff, so bikinis will be out (unless on secluded beaches) but you know what? That's okay. )

And you know what, you're right. Your thirties WILL be beautiful. I think I'm prettier now than I ever was, little lines around my eyes and the odd grey hair notwithstanding. )
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote