3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Need tips for quick healthy breakfasts! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/208122-need-tips-quick-healthy-breakfasts.html)

Slimjem 07-25-2010 05:54 PM

Need tips for quick healthy breakfasts!

:coffee2:Does anyone have quick healthy breakfast recipes for a working mom? I'm restarting my goals of healthy eating, moving and this would help me get off to a good start! Thanks :coffee 2:

nationalparker 07-25-2010 06:02 PM

When I want a protein-filled and filling breakfast, I scramble up eggs/eggbeaters and reheat them quickly in the microwave and can use them with a high-fiber tortilla for a breakfast burrito with a piece or two of turkey sausage, which heats up in less than a minute in the micro, too. :) ... Easy to take on the go. Also use some with a 100 cal english muffin for a scrambled egg sandwich.

Cereal always seems to work for me, too - gets in a dairy and if I'm in a hurry, i'll take my milk to drink and eat my cereal dry in the car ...

Peanut butter is often part of my breakfast, too - (if you have a Trader Joe's near you, their peanut butter is superb!).

Good luck!

Slimjem 07-25-2010 06:06 PM

Thanks for the tips Nationalparker! I will definitely try the egg burrito soon!

TJFitnessDiva 07-25-2010 06:13 PM

when the kids start school again I know my mornings are going to be super busy...my normal go to breakfasts are healthier versions of the egg mcmuffin (I cook my egg in a microwave cooker, add a slice of turkey bacon & low calorie toasted english muffin)

katkitten 07-25-2010 08:49 PM

I LOOOOVE lowfat cottage cheese with fruit. They have those individual serving sizes of the cottage cheese and it mixes well with berries, melon, grapes, you name it. mmmmmmmmm :)

kendra 07-25-2010 09:07 PM

I usually do a Starbucks Energy drink-has 200 calories and 12 g of protein. Sometimes I will also do a banana or oatmeal. Just depends on the day.

srr728 07-25-2010 09:56 PM

my new breakfast is a protein shake. I know its not bacon and eggs,but its easy and I can drink it on my way to work and 41 grams of protein for abt 300 cals definately holds me until lunch if work is crazy and I can't snack.

8 oz of milk, 1 sugar free carnation instant breakfast and a scoop of unflavored protein power. Tastes like chocolate milk!

time2lose 07-26-2010 08:45 AM

Egg in a Mug - Hungry Girl has several recipes that are quick and easy.

The Egg Mug Classic

All-American Egg Mug (plus more)

Rosinante 07-26-2010 10:14 AM

I love the EggMug ideas! (Except that I'd use eggs :) )

GirlyGirlSebas 07-26-2010 10:19 AM

I love my smoothie! 1 cup of soy milk, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, one banana, one tbs of ground flax seed. This keeps me hunger free until late morning.

hpnodat 07-26-2010 10:28 AM

Thanks for posting this. I don't normally eat breakfast, I never have, even when I was young. But I read an article recently that talked about how people who are losing weight are more successful at losing and maintaining the loss in the long run if they eat breakfast.
I usually only drink coffee in the morning, I need to eat something but I'm not sure what would be best. Carbs, protein, fruit? a combination? I'm assuming just as long as it is something it should at least be a start. :)

I also read there is some sort of link in people who drink milk daily, they are more successful at losing weight, although I think the real link is not to milk but to the calcium in milk.

losermom 07-26-2010 10:43 AM

I love a bowl of steel cut oatmeal. I make 8-9 servings about once a week in my crockpot, portion it out and warm up in the microwave every morning.

Smiling_Sara 07-26-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimjem (Post 3403456)
:coffee2:Does anyone have quick healthy breakfast recipes for a working mom? I'm restarting my goals of healthy eating, moving and this would help me get off to a good start! Thanks :coffee 2:

The quickest one I know is a couple of hard boiled eggs. Instant protein bombs.

PinkHoodie 07-26-2010 01:37 PM

I LOVE egg muffins...they are so good. Packed full of protein so they get you going in the morning. Essentially I just take eggs, a bunch of veggies, canadian bacon, pour it all together in a muffin tin and cook it. Then they can be reheated for 30 secs in the microwave in the morning. YUM!

girlonfire 07-26-2010 02:47 PM

I heat up two morningstar farms patties in the microwave, spread 1 laughing cow wedge on some dave's killer bread(toasted) and a cup of light soymilk.