3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   First Day back on diet and... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/207806-first-day-back-diet.html)

PinkHoodie 07-21-2010 07:27 PM

First Day back on diet and...

A lady in our neighborhood brought over a whole plate of cookies!!! Ugh!!!! :P
Why me....lol.

kendra 07-21-2010 09:56 PM

Throw them away or take them to your work and get rid of them.

ShellydeFlores 07-21-2010 10:08 PM

I was just going to say the same. Take them to work. Put them in your car right now in a closeable dish so they aren't in the house.

hpnodat 07-21-2010 10:48 PM

When we get stuff like that, I sometimes pack it up in a cute basket and take it to a local halfway house. They always really seem to appreciate it.

Onederchic 07-21-2010 10:54 PM

Bring them to me :D

susiemartin 07-22-2010 07:07 AM

Feed 'em to the dog :cool:

rockinrobin 07-22-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 3398233)
Bring them to me :D

Good one. ;)

Don't let it get to you. Like the others have said - get rid of them. There will always be some sort of temptation every day of your life. Don't push off the start of your *diet* till tomorrow. I did that for decades. You've got to put your foot down at some point and say ENOUGH. I take charge TODAY. I take action TODAY. I stop settling for crap TODAY. NOW. No more pushing off till tomorrow what you are supposed to do today. You can tomorrow away your life. Like I said earlier, I tomorrow-ed away decades.

By the way, I surrounded the word diet with asteriks because quite frankly, it's not a term that I particularly care for. I had to change my mind frame. I had to decide once and for all that I was going to stop dieting and just OVERHAUL MY LIFE STYLE. I was going to change the way that I lived with food. I was going to change my eating habits. I was going to stop eating recklessly and dangerously. Once and for all, no matter what and forever - permanently. I had to stop thinking of it as some boring, miserable thing to *be on* (or off).

Rosinante 07-22-2010 08:42 AM

Sometimes the diet gods blow raspberries at us!

Bin them. Take them to work. but Don't Give In! I promise you (and I know I'm going to sound a jerk saying it but hey...) quite soon the buzz you get at refusing tempting offers is better than the taste of sugar!! Or maybe that's just me....

Athenacapella 07-22-2010 09:11 AM

you could also have a ceremonial destruction of the cookies. As a sacrifice to the diet spirits. :D

rockinrobin 07-22-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosinante (Post 3398671)
Sometimes the diet gods blow raspberries at us!

Bin them. Take them to work. but Don't Give In! I promise you (and I know I'm going to sound a jerk saying it but hey...) quite soon the buzz you get at refusing tempting offers is better than the taste of sugar!! Or maybe that's just me....

No - it's just not you. It's you, me and LOTS of others who've made sugar off limits in an attempt to lose the addiction and gain their health. If you would have told me that this would happen - that I'd enjoy passing up on the sugar-y stuff more than eating it - I would have thought you to be a crazy, insane person. Just really bizarre and out of your mind.

Rosinante 07-22-2010 09:31 AM

Phew, Robin! I was worried that what I'd lost in weight I'd gained in smug!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D