Fishing!

• Originally I posted this in one of the decade threads, but thought I would share this

I had a great experience yesterday - went dipnetting (this is fishing with a 10' pole and 4' wide net for red salmon) in the Kenai River with some friends. We had a great haul - enough to feed my family good salmon for the next year.

It's very hard, dirty, cold work even on a beautiful day like yesterday was - and I was fit! Strongest, fittest person on the boat. It takes many hours - and I had the stamina!

Today we get to clean all those fish! Going to be a long, dirty, backbreaking saturday...
  • really awesome, I'm sure, to have that feeling! sounds like it must have been beautiful too.
  • That is fantastic!!
  • wow all that salmon will be great for your diet! I wish I could fish for salmon where we live! salmon is about 6.99 a lb where I live. I did however catch about 10 nice size catfish last week.
  • Awesome! And plus, how cool is that!!!! I love salmon and love the idea of fishing for your own even more!
  • thanks, all! Today we filleted and I personally packed/froze 96 fillets. The subsistence fishing we are allowed as AK residents keeps my family in salmon for the entire year.

Boy, am I tired.
  • Wow, Good for you! I would love to do that sometime, I love fishing!
  • Wow, awesome! Can you send some to me?