Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default B**ch, Moan, Whine Thread

I wanted to come here and moan about my frustrations about my current weight loss (or lack thereof), but I'm not really looking for advice, or for a pat on the back, or a kick in the pants. I just need to vent it out, y'know? And I thought maybe I'm not the only one who just wants a place make a post without having to turn it into a whole thread, and maybe this can be a general thread to b____ moan and whine about whatever it is that's bothering us, if we just need to get it out there so it's not inside.

So here's my contribution for the evening:

What the heck, body?!? I'm doing everything right, I'm exercising like a fiend and it is NOT paying off. Why are you doing this to me? I hate being stuck on just this side of 200. I made 100 lbs lost almost two months ago and have lost less than 10 lbs since then. I want this milestone, darnit! I have earned it! Argh!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Argh! What is it about One-derland that gets people stuck? I think the entrance is always covered in mud. I really think we ought to talk to the groundskeeper about that. It isn't very welcoming. I got stuck at 203 for over a month...I believe it was six weeks. And then I whooshed down to where I am now, more or less.

Ok, in the spirit of the thread...I think I've hit my stall portion of the month. I go through two weeks of losing big and then two weeks of solid nothin' every month. I was losing really well and thought after yesterday's near three hour bike ride I'd lose something today and might even see a new decade, but no.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

Just to add to the frustration of onederland...I stalled for a month at 204. I really don't know what it is, but you aren't alone!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #4  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Ok, I'll add mine, although I am happy because I bought some UK size 14's this week and am just amazed I can fit into them.
BUT, I've exercised like a mad woman this week and only lost a half pound! I did a new toning class on Monday and have been SO sore everyday since then, so much so it's been hard to even sit down to pee! lol I mean, seriously, I should surely have lost about a zillion pounds the way I've been working out lol.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I'll join in. I've stalled. Still exercising like crazy, but not eating as well as I could. For some crazy reason, I find losing weight a LOT harder in the summertime than the fall and winter! Gah.

My own damn fault, but still a bummer nonetheless.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I need to b**ch, whine and moan and get things off my chest and then maybe I can stop feeling sorry for myself and go do my workout.

1.) I'm sick of being in the 230s. I've been in the 230s for like 11mths and honestly, I'm over it. Yes, I'm fitter than 11 months ago, but I'm no less fat. I'm tired of it.

2.) I'm sick of it being implied that I'm fat everyday. I get it. I'm not working in a culture that is the most sensitive in the world and yes, I'm fat but like I don't need it pointed out to me or whispered as I walk by.

3.) A guy my age (or older) called me ma'a today. Ok this might not be a big deal in the US, but where I am, ma'a is like a respected older woman oe like "mammy" like u'know um Aunt Jemima or something. I'm 24 years old, and yes I realize that the only fat people here are older women and yes, I haven't met any fat people my age but I am NOT a ma'a.

4.) I'm absolutely tired of pretending to have good self-esteem when I'm absolutely crushed to the ground and miserable. I had better self-esteem as a fat sixteen year old (200+ lb). Actually I DID have great self-esteem then. Ok I guess I'd rather pretend than come across as pathetic and whiny and a bit sad (like I am being here), but just one day, I want to feel good about myself, is that too much to ask? There's this great guy I like, who's asked me out but I don't even like myself or feel pretty enough to say yes. Like I don't want to be that girl who doesn't love herself and then whose whole self-esteem depends on her guy. But anyway.

5.) I'm tired of being the fattest of all my (numerous) cousins around my age and then hearing them complain about how fat they are (size 4/6) or call someone who's a size 12 obese in my presence. It's like if size 12 is obese, I mean... I must be a total cow in their imagining.

6.) I'm tired of my relationship with food. I'm tired of loving it, and I'm tired of hating it. People say u should see food like a fuel, but it's hard for me to see how I can the way my relationship is currently with it. It stresses me out and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of it.

ARGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ok now that's off my chest, I'll go work out. I'll do it. I might as well.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

My moan...having a horrible week, TOM and tons of water gain, I was even at 315 one morning and just about died. This morning I'm at 308.8 lbs. So I'm drinking water like crazy the last couple of days.

But my back is going. I can feel it everyday. I've had back issues since high school and have ended up on bed rest a couple of times. Since last week it's getting worse and if I don't rest soon, it's going to be bad. I might have to take a sick day. I'm bummed because I'm off on Thurs and Fri because we are having our biannual First nations Gathering. It's big event here and we always go, I was going to camp this time too but it would be too much at this point.

I know everyday will get better but today I'm thinking I'm going home to bed.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #8  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I have also stalled. :P I hate that I am doing everything right, but my body just says nope! Not happening sorry! Ugh!!!! :P
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

My whine is having fat "parts" that I never had before. I now have a spare tire and back fat. Didn't actually have identifiable sections when it was just all fat. I'm grateful the overall fat is going, but this is one side effect I was not expecting.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Perfect timing for me to whine! Instead of dipping into the 180s, I bounced UP five pounds....plus I feel bloated and gross and I'm retaining water. I have to go for a run and I don't even feel like going since I didn't workout for six straight days. But what makes me MAD is that I have worked super duper hard all month to drop pounds and right now, I feel like I'm getting NOWHERE.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #11  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh, count me in too! Last night I was dancing around, having a good time, when I noticed how flabby and nasty my arms have become. My upper arms look so bad! So i stuck them out at my sides and it's completely clear that they are two different sizes! Gross!

I think it is so cool that 3FC brings in people from all over the world! Ma'a--would that be in Botswana or S. Africa? And First Nations, so awesome!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote