Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

sunflowergal--Welcome! You are in a great place!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing great w/ food choices and water. Exercise is so-so, but I'm working at it, so that's better than nothing!!! I am on vacation next week and rather than use that as an excuse to take a "break" from the gym, I plan on using it to get back into my routine. Hubby has to work most of the week, so I will leave the same time as him...he'll go to work and I will go to the gym. That way I will get my workouts in in the AM and still have the rest of the day to do whatever.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #17  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. I am up .4 from yesterday. I exercised yesterday for 45 minutes at the pool. My calories were 1800 something. Higher than I have been in recent weeks.....but yesterday was weigh day and I always allow myself more on those days.

Today's plan is to be under 1700 and to exercise at the pool again. I will get some extra burning today and tomorrow because I am installing floors in our classroom. Last time we did floors I lost over 3 pounds that week! LOL

I hope you all have a fabulous day!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies

mj5 - great job on planning your workouts for vacation! It's fabulous that you have a plan in place!

sunflower - welcome! This is a great thread for support & accountability

TXMary - great job on getting those pool workouts in!

Yesterday was a so-so day. I stayed well within my calories, but I feel like I did too much "snacking" last night after supper. I need to get back to working on spreading my calories out more evenly across the day instead of "saving" them for night. I've said it before, but it's like I'm just doing little controlled "mini-binges." I stay within my calories, but there's no need (other than my perceived need of emotions!) to eat that much at night. It's a work in progress.

Exercise was good this morning - I did 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for 4.4 miles.

My workplace is offering a really awesome wellness program right now. A certified nutritionist is coming in & doing lunch-n-learns a few times, & along with that, we get to meet with her individually 2 times. Yesterday was the second lunch-n-learn & next Wednesday is my first private meeting with her. She gave us goal sheets & asked that we work on 2-4 goals over the next week before we meet with her. Just wanted to share mine here as another way to be accountable

~ try eating 5 "mini-meals" per day on two days of the next week
~ eat something (even if it's small) within 1 hour of waking up on three days of the next week
~ journal my food every day (I always keep a running tally of the calories, but not always the acutal food. I've already brushed the dust off of my Fitbook! )
~drink 16 oz. of water with every meal (I always get in plenty of water throughout the day, but tend to just eat, eat, eat at meal times. Hopefully this will help slow me down!)

I'm excited about this opportunity. It's free to participate in, & I'm really hopeful to get some good advice & ways to plan for success!

Hope everyone has a really wonderful day

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, two turkey sausage patties, 1 banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus, raw cauliflower
Lunch - lean roast beef & ham wrap with veggies, apple, yogurt
Snack - yogurt, dried pears
Supper - Subway

Last edited by mingle; 07-15-2010 at 09:56 AM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Mingle: That sounds like a great benefit at your workplace!

Ok...I guess if I want to be accountable I have to put myself out there, right? I have struggled with weight my whole life (10 lb at birth!). As I hit 40 I stumbled over the hill and have been rolling out of control since. I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I've lost 8 pounds since the surgery because my appetite wasn't much the first 2 weeks. I feel so much better that I want to keep the momentum going and start making changes that will have a lasting, positive impact on my quality of life.

So I got the go ahead from my doctor last Friday to exercise. I'm swimming laps and walking. I've got to start somewhere, right? Thanks for letting me hang out with y'all!
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....I am feeling a bit better - I am grateful for all improvements.

I have been struggling with my food. I've decided to do some meditation and deep breathing. This has helped in the past when dealing with stress and stress eating.

I hope folks are doing well.

today I will:

plan/log/measure/count calories
lots of water
mindful/slow eating
fork down between bites
eat seated only
stretches and strengthening
journal

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, fruit

lunch - going out....something healthy

snack - cereal, mik, fruit

dinner - chicken, ww noodles, steamed zuccini

snack - cheese and rice cakes, yogurt

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

This has been a horrible busy week. I have eaten out every day, I have put on a good two pounds and I have eaten everything in sight. While I know that it is nothing compared to the old days (I take some comfort in this) I also know it's no way to lose weight. And of course I don't want to gain any either. This is a set back but I will NOT be derailed.

I just responded to a different thread where the op talked about a ravenous appetite precipitating a whoosh. I made a mental note to remember when this happens to me again (I have been soooo hungry this week--hence the eating everything in site) to just ride it out and see if I also experience a whoosh of wt loss.

I have to give myself some credit (not to make excuses but it keeps me from completely giving up) in that while I ate too much I at least chose to eat good foods 99% of the time instead of junk food.

I must also confess that I've neglected exercising this week. I've only been to the pool once. The treadmill is getting dusty

Okay, confession time over. I must get back on track and coming here keeps me accountable. Today is another busy day but I will be back. Today I will eat better. I don't know if I can exercise today but if not you can count on me reporting in over the weekend. I will either swim or be on the treadmill Saturday and Sunday.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Good morning ladies.

Mingle- that's cool that your work is calling in a nutritionist!! Also, I have traditionally been a night time eater. I too always save to eat something in the evening. As long as you aren't over your calories, it really is OK!

Sunflower- Keep up the great exercise!! I love swimming too.

Bevjoy- I am sorr you are struggling - but your plan today looks good.

Anewcreation- I know you'll be right back on track. What's done is done and you recognize your mistakes and also acknowledge what you did right so that is great! Keep on keeping on!

I am down .8 from yesterday. My calories were 1588 and I did not get "real" exercise, but I did spend hours installing faux wood floors in our classroom so that counts a little Working on the floor more today AND taking the kids to the pool. As far as food my plan is to stay under 1800 today and have at least equal if not more protein than carbs.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #23  

Good morning, ladies

beverlyjoy - keep up with the meditation & breathing; I hope it offers you some relaxation. Heaven knows you deserve it!!!

ANewCreation - good job for recognizing all your accomplishments even if you've had an off week! Get right back at it today & I will see you around this weekend

TXMary - installing flooring sounds like exercise to me!! Great plan for today & good job on your loss

Food was 100% on plan yesterday, thankfully. Got up this morning & did a 24 minute upper body interval workout & a 24 minute lower body interval workout. I felt like my arms & legs were filled with led, so it wasn't my most rockin' workout, but at least I got it in!

Most of last night was spent cleaning up after my little daughter who contracted some sort of stomach virus. I guess that's not all bad though, because after cleaning all that up, I certainly had no appetite to overeat last night!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!!

Today's menu

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 2 turkey sausage patties, banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus, fresh broccoli & cauliflower
Lunch - strawberry poppyseed & chicken salad from Panera
Snack - yogut & dried apple fruit crisps
Supper - mini meatloaf, rice, & steamed veggies
Snack - WW ice cream bar, 1/2 bagel thin, 1 T. natural PB & 1/2 sliced banana

Last edited by mingle; 07-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #24  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am trying to get stuff wrapped up so I can leave work on time (for a change) and be ready to enjoy my vacation! I'll get caught up w/ everyone later!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #25  

Hi, ladies Hope you all are having a fun, relaxing weekend!

It is a million degrees out & high humidity here. We tried to get out this morning before it got too bad. We went to a festival this morning & I just spent the last hour picking up apples & sticks in the back yard. We have this old apple tree that doesn't produce anything edible, but man does it make a mess! We had a really bad wind storm here a few days ago (70 mph-plus winds!) that blew down quite a mess. But got most of that taken care of.

DH is being a grumpy jerk today & I'm trying not to get to angry at him We all have off days, right? And I'm not going to use his bad mood as an excuse to stress-eat!

Haven't got any exercise in today, but hopefully will either this afternoon or evening. If not, I'm not going to worry about it too much. Did a lot of walking at the festival this morning & then more walking & bending down in the back yard this afternoon.

Have a great Saturday!

Saturday menu

Breakfast - 2 slices 45 cal bread; 2 T. natural peanut butter, apple
Lunch - chicken & cheese quesadilla
Snack - yogurt
Supper - spicy black bean burger with cheese, lettuce & tomato, baked chips

Last edited by mingle; 07-17-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #26  

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

I'm trying to get going on this plan. I see what so many of you are doing and feel guilty. But I keep telling myself the important part is that I start! And that I make lifestyle changes that will make a big impact in the end. So, with that in mind...

I swam 10 laps in the pool today.
I chose a 70 calorie, no fat frozen Edy's fruit bar instead of the ice cream cone the rest of the family had.

I guess that's a start. I'm also trying to drink more water and go for a walk each evening. One of my next goals is to start writing down what I eat as I know that will be an eye opener!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #27  

Don't feel guilty, sunflower! Although I know the feeling all too well, & fall prey to it time & again. Try to really focus on the healthy choices you are making & work on making another new one every day.

Great job on the swimming today!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #28  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am officially on vacation and it feels SO good!!!! Hubby has to work most of the week I am off, which stinks, but we will get a few days off together.

I AM going to the gym in the morning (when he leaves for work, I'll go to the gym)...no excuses!

TXMary--Great workouts in the pool! How did the floor installation go?

mingle--That's awesome about the nutritionist through your workplace! My workplace is doing some great wellness initiatives too. It is SO nice to see employers getting behind their employees! Hope your daughter feels better!!!!

sunflowergal--swimming and walking are great exercise! great job! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing today?

ANewCreation--I hate weeks like taht...but you know what to do and I know you can do it!!!

I need to focus on drinking more water while I am home this week. I do great while I am working, but for some reason at home....oh well, water bottles are chilling in the refrigerator!

My workout plan for tomorrow morning is to re-start lifting weights. I can't wait!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #29  
I'm on my way!

Hi ladies! I am down 1.2 today from yesterday! I think it is all the activity plus the swimming. I finished the floors today, but it rained so no pool. I plan on going tomorrow if the weather allows.

Sunflowergal- just keep coming here everyday! You can do it.

mingle- Sorry your dh is crabby. Stress eating only hurts you not him - so don't give in!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #30  

Hi all!

TXMary: Woohoo on your 1.2!

mj: Congrats on your vacation! Enjoy it! I admire the way you are hitting the gym so early while on vacation.

I walked on the treadmill last night (15 min) and did the stationary bike (15 min) and felt great! It was so good to get back in the swing of moving and sweating!

So tonight I was actually eager to do it again! (This is amazing for me! LOL) I did 20 min on the treadmill and then moved to the bike. The bike workout got shortened because I had a pretty bad pain in my abdomen reminding me that I had surgery just 3 weeks ago.

Not gonna be sidelined though...I'll take it slow, but I WILL keep moving!

Hope everyone had a great Sunday!