102 degrees outside and I am freezing!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • OK, it is 102 degrees outside, 107 with the heat index and I am freezing in my office. My coworkers think that I am nuts! I am wearing my heavy sweater and I'm still cold. I went outside on my break just so I could warm up.

I am not complaining though. Not so long ago, these hot days were torture for me. I wonder how cold I will feel this winter??
  • It's *only* in the 90's here and I am hot as ****
  • I've been going through the "freezing" stages again. The daytime heat & humidity have been comfortable for me...I'm like a reptile right now. They seemed to lessen for a little while...now they're back with a vengeance this past week. A couple nights ago, I was shivering so bad...teeth clanking & all before bed that I had to raise the thermostat up to 78 from 75...& I put on a sweatshirt, sweatpants & socks before crawling in between the sheets & tucked the comforter in tightly around me. When my body goes goofy like this I feel like I'm living in the North Pole...not Florida.
  • What a lovely 'problem'. It's good to be at a weight where you aren't sweating every minute!

It's hot where I am too...the air is set at 77 - that and the ceiling fan - they are doing the trick.

As for winter....at least you can layer on the sweaters.
  • ME TOO!
    It is high 90's here in Central Washington and the office AC is set at 72, I am freezing. And we have the house set at 68, I dont even want to get out of my car and go in the house....I will turn into a uber chunky popcicle!
  • We have our home AC set to 78 and even that seems a bit cold but works at night Yeah I freeze in the office and trips outside definitely help.
  • you're the only one, sister. went on a mini road trip with my BFF and Im dying!!!! Who ever thought it could get so hot in Ohio?
  • OMG I'm cold at work ALL THE TIME. It seems like if it's below 80 I start to get chilly, unless it's really stuffy/humid. I used to be hot all the time, too.

It's been really hot here (outside Boston) lately and I think it's overwhelming the AC at my job, I'm not as freezing as usual this week, lol.

Someone asked me if it felt warmer inside today and I was like, I don't know, but I'm always cold. I do know that the lab I work in, which is entirely inside the building (no windows) has been getting warmer and warmer, and today I took pity on my co-worker and turned on the AC. Turns out it was up to 86 in there!

I'm SOOO SOOO GLAD that I can actually enjoy the hot summer weather now. Of course, winter sucks instead. And a lot of fall. And a lot of spring, for that matter. . .
  • It's the office air conditioning. At home, I can control the thermostat and make the temperature reasonable for all of us but at work, brrrrrrrr. It still beats being hot all the time though. I still have plenty of fat but I must have lost enough to have dropped some of the "coats" that I was wearing.
  • I have the office air conditioning problem too. I walk around in a polar fleece jacket at work. People think I'm nuts.
  • Yeah we have had to complain in the past that our office was set to nuclear winter lol. It was fixed though- there actually WAS something wrong with the thermostat in our office.
  • I freeze too. Use to I didn't even wear a jacket in the winter. But this summer I freeze. I have a blanket by my recliner and use it all the time. Hubby thinks I am crazy. But 78 in the house is too cold to me.
  • Time2lose...where "in the deep south" are you located? I'm in South Texas and it is hotter that H-E-double hockey sticks down here. Even when I was at my thinnest - 145lbs, I never complained about freezing in the summer time down here!!! LOL It has to feel nice to not be burning up all the time!
  • I'm cold all the time and it doesn't matter what weight I am at. It's been in the high 90s here this week, no AC at my house, and I am happy, happy, happy! The office, however, is another matter altogether (with the AC set at 75). One day recently I had on two sweaters, was wrapped in two blankets, and had on fingerless gloves. My boss joked later that I looked like a destitute homeless person.
  • I am in South Carolina. My car broke down on the way home from work and I warmed up. It really made me appreciate losing weight. There I was stuck in a car on the side of the road in 101 degree weather waiting to be picked up and I managed it fine. I would have been miserable at my highest weight.