Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

beverlyjoy - great job on getting rid of that trail mix!!!

TXMary - get that water in! I'm sure the weight will go right back down!

Schmoodle - I've heard about the heat wave in the Northeast - stay cool!!!

I'm watching my nephews today, so I have a 6 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, & 1 year old in the house! They are keeping me on my toes! Didn't get much in for exercise. I was just exhausted this morning & only managed a 20 minute total body workout dvd. But better than nothing. After DH gets home this afternoon, I may try to get a 30 minute walk in.

Food was good yesterday - stayed within my calories. And I have everything planned out for today, so should be good there.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by mingle; 07-07-2010 at 10:47 AM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hey chickies! Just popping in to be accountable real quick. Yesterday very on plan. Calories for the day came in at exactly 1200. Shoulder still bothering me, but went swimming anyway. I am either in the pool working on laps or on the treadmill watching more episodes of Nurse Jackie--lol! Finally made an appointment to see the chiropracter this Friday evening. Till then, pain meds and muscle relaxers keep me going.

Take care everyone, have a great on plan day!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #18  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Update: After I had my coffee and went to the bathroom I was down to 234.6 - LOL I have also already exercised 21 minutes. I jogged/walked around my back yard - did marching and exercises with my arms. Hopefully it won't rain and we can go to the pool this afternoon and I can do another 20 minutes of swimming there.

Schmoodle, what is a cottage cheese smoothie??? Enquiring minds want to know!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #19  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! It's another hot one here. ICK! Today is my string of meetings day...oh well, at least there is lots of a/c!

Food choice have been good. Exercise not good--too hot...will restart that soon, though. Water has been excellent....at least the heat is good for something....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #20  

Another busy day, total calories: 1285.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...yesterday I stayed in my calorie range...am always grateful for that. I didn't do any exercise, however. Today I will! I wrote in my journal which is good.

I got a date for my foot/ankle surgery - July 27. I am so scared.

Also....I made it to onederland. Many thanks to my accountability friends, indeed!!! You guys are awesome. (I can't beleive I forgot to put all this happy news in my original post early this morning!)

journal
plan/measure/log/calories
lots of water
fork down between bites
eat seated only
no seconds
leave a bite of food
slow mindful eating
taste the food
try and feel fullness

breakfast - pnb toast, egg white scramble, ketchup, clementine

lunch - mushroom soup, steamed parsnips

snack - ceral, milk, fruit

dinner - tuna salad, green bean salad, rice cake

snack - sf choc. pudding, cheese, crackers

newcreation - good job staying in your calorie range - I hope your shoulder is better today.

mj - great for being good with the food and water - is the gym air conditioned

txmary - great exercise!

mingle - I think running around after those kids is exercise! Glad to hear of your good planning.

shmoodle - glad you are back. I thought of you when you were gone. I am so, so glad you and DH got to get away. Good plan!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-08-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

My calories ended up 1783 yesterday which is still in the range I am allowed for weight loss. I drank lots of water yesterday and I did 21 minutes of wlking/jogging etc in my back yard. Then in the afternoon I went swimming and did 1 hour of treading water/jogging/water resistance exercises- basically one hour of continous movement. I only intended to do 20 minutes, but got caught up in conversations and just kept going.

Today I weigh 233.6 - down a pound from yesterday! Oh and my blood sugar was only 109 !!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #23  

ANewCreation - great job staying on plan! I hope the chiropractor can offer you some relief for your shoulder!

TXMary - way to go on all the exercise! That is awesome!

mj5 - stay cool! And way to go on making good food choices!

beverlyjoy - great job on staying on plan & planning your exercise today! I'm thinking of you as your foot/ankle surgery approaches *hugs*

Yesterday was a success for me food-wise, thankfully. I wanted to eat something "extra" last night, but I made the choice to turn off the kitchen light & say to myself "the kitchen is closed!" It worked

Today will be a busy but fun day for me & the kids. Need to get some groceries & we're planning to go swimming at my mother-in-law's this afternoon. I'm going to get ready to go down & do the elliptical for 50 minutes before we go to the store. Today's food is planned, & I'm planning on a successful, healthy day!

Have a great one, all!

Last edited by mingle; 07-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #24  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Today is supposed to be the hottest so far, then it is supposed to break a little. I hope so...staff are cranky, consumers are cranky...which is making ME cranky TOM is here (doesn't help the crankiness, that's for sure!), so I am staying far, far away from the scale.

ANewCreation--Hi! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You are doing awesome! Ok, so now you have a date. We will be here for you!!!! Technically, yes the gym has a/c, but it really doesn't feel like it in this heat. With a heat index over 100, just too hot for me....Saturday is supposed to be better. I AM going to Zumba and will get back on track w/ gym workouts starting Monday.

Schmoodle--Welcome back!

TxMary--Great workouts and a loss AND blood sugar reading!!! Awesome!

mingle--Great job last night! Sounds like a great day planned for today! Keep it up!

Diane--Where are you???? Did you go away and I missed it?

My older brother was on our local news last night. He is an ER dr and he was talking about how to prevent heat related illnesses. It was pretty cool.

Have a great OP day everyone. Stay cool. Drink lots of water.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #25  

Just a quick pop in to say I hopped on the scale this morning & I finally made my first goal!! I'm so happy, I could cry! It took me a little less than 2 & 1/2 months, but I made my goal & have lost 22.6 pounds
Old 07-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #26  

Hello chickies!

Just going to pop in and celebrate a 2# loss. Only 34# to go before I reach my goal. I know I am going to still be overweight but I will re-evaluate then. Can't wait for my yearly physical at the end of this month. My primary is going to be sooooo thrilled.

Beverlyjoy--I am so thrilled for you--welcome to wonderland!!! I understand your fear of surgery, I will keep you in prayer.

TXMary2--you are doing a great job--congrats on the loss and lower blood sugar!!!!

mingle--Congrats on making goal--22.6#'s is awesome!!!!

mj5--Yes, stay away from the scale. Stay on plan and all will be right for you very soon. I'm so glad to be past that stage of life, but I remember it well --I'd give you a hug but it's too hot for one, isn't it--LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies - yesterday was on plan all day until right before bedtime. I started reading the forums about my surgery and it's recovery - I was totally freaked out and terrified. I did eat extra - but, stopped. I did get alot of helpful hints and information, but - I think I need to stop reading it. I have a very long list of questions. I'll call the doc's nurse and maybe go see him again.

Thanks to you all for your cheers and support as I moved into the land of One.

today:

I must be willing to use all the techniques it takes to have some level of sanity with food. It is a daily process. I wish I could just do these things without writing about it in my journal. Maybe someday it will come naturally....

plan/log/measure
count my calories
put fork down between bites
slow mindful eating - I need to do some timing today
really TASTE and
leave a small bite of food - food won't own me
enjoy the food
lots of water
exersice
meditation - I'll need this soon more than ever
no second helpings
eat seated only
give myself credit when I do things right
use my resistance techniques
say Oh Well to any unfairness I might feel

say 'No Choice' to myself sometimes - do I just drive right through a red light - of course not - there's no choice. If I want food sanity I must to willing to say No Choice to myself when necessary

breakfast - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk, pnb spoon

lunch - greens and white beans, toast

snack - cereal, milk, clementine

dinner - mac and cheese, cauliflower

snack - cheese, fruit

I'll be back later for personals. Everyone, have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-09-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #28  

Good morning!!

ANewCreation - WOW! Only 34 pounds to goal! That is fabulous! Congrats on your 2 pound loss! I'm sure your doctor is going to be absolutely astounded

beverlyjoy - I hope you can find some peace & get some answer to some of your questions in regards to your surgery. Thinking of you *hugs*

Had a successful day yesterday. Got a lot of exercise in - 50 minutes on the elliptical, a hour, 10 minutes push mowing, & an hour in the pool. And calories were right on plan, as well.

Today will be a challenge - we're going to a BBQ tonight. I'm sure there will be a lot of yummies there. I never know how to handle these situations - should I just eat before hand & not eat there at all? Try to make the healthiest choice I can even though I don't know if there will be anything very healthy at all? I'll figure something out. I've been on a good streak here the last week & I want to keep it going!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!

Last edited by mingle; 07-09-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #29  
I'm on my way!

Mingle- WTG on that first goal!! You are awesome!

Bevjoy - stopping yourself was a victory! Try not to stress about the surgery (easier said than done I am sure) because stress can make you hang on to weight.

Anew- Congrats on your two pounds!

mj- sorry the heat is making you cranky. It makes me cranky too and it sucks to be hot!

So, I weighed this morning at 232.8 which is .8 down from yesterday and a new low weight on this journey. I am hoping it sticks. My calories yesterday were in the 1500 range and I drank plenty of water. I did not exercise at all. I am also really frustrated because TOM *started* June 25 then stopped the next day and then just spotted until Monday of this week.......since Wednesday it has been ridiculous! I fear this weight I have lost this week is blood! Sorry for the TMI- I just don't know what is going on with my body. TOM has been semi weird the last two years or so. I am 38 - maybe it's just because I am getting older. Has anyone dealt with these types of inconsistency? What did you do?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #30  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends. My daughters and I made it to Florida today. Strangely, the weather in Atlanta has been hotter lately than the weather here in FL. It was so good to see my Dad and step-Mom this evening! However, my head is already in the "vacation" mode. I'm not doing a very good job of staying on plan. Ugh! I hate this. I really just want to relax and enjoy myself, but I also know where this mindset had brought me. I'll just have to keep trying.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote