I'm Overweight!!!!And I lost my baby weight!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• It took twelve and a half months, but as of this morning, I am officially overweight! Down from a BMI of 45 to a BMI of 29!

This is THE big milestone I've been waiting for. Even bigger than ONEDERLAND.

Why? Because the very last time I ever saw 196 was at my first prenatal visit for my first child. I remember it vividly because that day, that was the most I had ever weighed in my life-- I was 29. Prior to that, my BMI had always bounced around somewhere between 24 and 26, and even rested around 22 for a while in my mid-twenties. After that pregnancy, I stayed morbidly obese for the next twenty years.... 196, for me, was the point of no return.

That kid is in college now.

But old uber-- the healthy and athletic uber-- is MAKING A COMEBACK.

Next stop: HEALTHY BMI!!!
  • Congratulations!!!! That is a HUGE milestone and you have every right to be proud!
  • Hitting that overweight mark - big, big, BIG milestone.What a special day for you!! I know how phenomenal this feels and I am so happy that you are experiencing it.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.

*Healthy bmi* - look out here comes Uber!!
  • Congrats!

A.
  • That is great! Congratulations and bask in all your uber-glory!
  • Very happy for you, congratulations!
  • That is so awesome, congratulations!!! I too have an eye on the "overweight" category, it will be a huge day for me too!!!
  • It's way bigger than One-derland for me too, but for me that's because of my height. There's just something about knowing I can longer be labeled "obese female" on a doctor's file.

Uber, I don't think many women do what you've done!

• I'm SO happy to read this today Not seen you posting much but been thinking about you each day and wondering how you were doing as it sort of feels like we're journey sisters since we started around the same time.
    You have worked so hard to get to this point and should be so proud of yourself. Despite the plateaus which you dealt with far more admirably than I could ever have done, you are now a totally different person and you should revel in it
  • Quote: There's just something about knowing I can longer be labeled "obese female" on a doctor's file.
    Hahhaha... That's funny! I remember when I had to get a preemployment physical for my first job, I saw that the doctor had checked off the box for "moderately obese".... at the time, I weighed 170 or a BMI of 25-- but that was in 1983....

My how times change....
  • I am SO excited for you!! Your persistence has really paid off. Congrats uber!
  • Congrats!!
  • Fantastic!!!
  • Oh, yay! Congratulations, uber! Kicking obesity to the curb was one of my very favourite parts of the trip. Enjoy!
  • I LOVE THIS!!

Your wonderful perserverance has paid off. Well done!!!