JULY NSV's

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
  • I walked today and I didn't get out of breath when walking back up this huge hill. wooohooo!
  • Quote: I walked today and I didn't get out of breath when walking back up this huge hill. wooohooo!
    Very nice!!
  • OK well yesterday was our Canada Day bbq, and we were leaving early because the kids were tired, and my sister told us to go into the kitchen before we left where all the desserts were laid out, including brownies which is a huge weakness for me....we decided not to go through the kitchen, lol. Anyways a baby step but every little bit helps!
  • Quote: OK well yesterday was our Canada Day bbq, and we were leaving early because the kids were tired, and my sister told us to go into the kitchen before we left where all the desserts were laid out, including brownies which is a huge weakness for me....we decided not to go through the kitchen, lol. Anyways a baby step but every little bit helps!
    Liz, not a baby step at all... what I've learned on this journey so far is that it is ALL ABOUT behavior. Pretty soon, you'll start to duck away from desserts as a matter of habit-- you won't even need to think about it, and it makes everything so much easier.
  • Quote: Liz, not a baby step at all... what I've learned on this journey so far is that it is ALL ABOUT behavior. Pretty soon, you'll start to duck away from desserts as a matter of habit-- you won't even need to think about it, and it makes everything so much easier.
    You're right!! I remember it being such a habit when I was losing before. It became easy after a while to stay on plan...it just felt so good to feel and look better!
  • Today is one year on plan for me. I've had some indulgences, don't get me wrong, but it's a year since I started on remaking my life. What a difference a year makes!
  • Quote: Today is one year on plan for me. I've had some indulgences, don't get me wrong, but it's a year since I started on remaking my life. What a difference a year makes!
    Wow! Congratulations, Shmead! That deserves a thread of it's own...:car rot:
  • my pants are loose!!

and my husband says I've been less moody now that i've been eating WAY more veggies and whole foods
  • Today I decided to see exactly how far I walk my dog in the mornings by driving my car and checking the odometer... what I thought was around 5 miles is actually 6 and a half!!
  • This weekend when we were trying to figure out how to get all of us in DD's minivan, I was the one who climbed over my grandson's car seat to get into the little seat at the back.

Then at the dinner table, everyone told me to take the tight seat in the back corner that we call the "skinny seat"! I was comfortable there and it made it easy to refuse seconds of food because I couldn't get out anyway!
  • My NSV is that, twice now, I have picked up food for my brother (we hang out at his house a lot) from fast-food, and not gotten any for myself! He eats Wendy's constantly, and has the metabolism for it, and instead I've gotten a healthy choice meal and some french bread (not carb friendly, but it's my justified indulgence) from the store before I get there. Woohoo for mini-willpower
  • I wore a shirt today that my MIL bought for me that way wayyyyy too tight to wear out when she gave it to me... and it fit perfectly!
  • All my size 18 jeans are way too big. I look very thuggish these days lol
    Hey, this gal can't stand belts
  • *bump*