Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #1  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Question Inspirational quotes?

I love up-lifting quotes, it really is a HUGE part of my journey! I love reading them, they make me feel so powerful. I have a section on my blog just for quotes. Can you share some of your favorite positive quotes? It can be anything positive and can or doesnt have to be about weight loss! Also if anyone has a great website that has great quotes please share. Im always looking for more quotes to add to my blog, thanks....
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I just heard this the other day, I dunno who it's from but I like it because it's simple and easy to remember.

"Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, which is why it is called the present."
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #3  
Happy Member

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” - Albert Pine
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase...Martin Luther King Jr.

One day, one breathe, one step at a time… That’s how I get thru it

When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through ... Nicholas Sparks
Cheriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have files filled with encouragements also ~ and I read them regularly to give myself a boost -- here are just a few of my favorites ...

-- You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this, and want it badly enough, I can have it. It's called perseverance. ~ Lee Iacocca

-- Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

-- "Believe in Love, believe in Miracles, heck, even believe in Santa Claus; believe in People, and believe in your Dreams. Becuz if you don't, who will?" ... bon jovi/mm

-- "Losing weight is hard; maintaining is hard; being overweight is hard; feeling sick & tired is hard; so -- pick your hard!"

-- Strive for PROGRESS, not perfection. ~ Susan in VA

-- Never, NEVER, NEVER ... quit. ~ Winston Churchill

-- "Anything is possible, it's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen." ~ A/unknown

-- It is wise to remember ~ that we are ALL perfectly imperfect! RHS

-- When you are truly committed, you will accept nothing but results!

-- Motivation gets you started ~ but COMMITMENT keeps you going!

-- "How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." ~ Trina Paulus, Hope for the Flowers

-- "It IS possible to move a mountain ... by carrying away many small stones." ... Chinese Proverb

-- "When we care for others, our burdens are lifted. When we have joy serving others, helping others -- we can forget our circumstances: having hope and sharing hope too."

-- Laugh when you can; apologize when you should; and let go of what you can't change. Have fun; play hard; forgive quickly; LOVE well. Take chances; give everything. Have no regrets. Life is too short to be anything but happy!!!

-- When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, FAITH is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught to fly ... Edward Teller

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-01-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 372.9/352/162??

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm a quote fanatic too. Just google quotes and you will get tons of awesome websites.

After my first week, I wrote out a ton of inspirational/motivational quotes in my journal for myself...
I love:

"They can because they think they can."-Virgil

"Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself."-Theodore T. Hunger (no pun intended)

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."- Robert Collier--- soooo true, and yet it gets hard to accept one day at a time, since we want immediate results!

"Half the failures in life come from pulling one's horse when he is leaping."-Thomas Hood (don't sabotage yourself!!!)

"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." -Doug Firebaugh

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -Benjamin Franklin

this year has been quite a year for me... I have been cleaning up my life and picking up the pieces and moving forward...

In January, I claimed bankruptcy, because living on one income, I just couldn't pay off old medical and credit card bills...
In January, I quit smoking (cold turkey!)
In February, my divorce was finalized!
Also around this time, I herniated a disc in my back... add that to the quitting smoking, and I packed on an extra 30 pounds or so...
In July, I was accepted to graduate school.
I think knowing that I CAN make a difference made this time so much different for me for trying to be healthier.
ChunkyDunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

"Contentment may be the most important financial principle." ~Dave Ramsey
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #8  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. ~Astrid Alauda
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #9  
just me

S/C/G: 327/277/185

Height: 6'1"

My mantra is, "I don't have to be perfect, just make better choices".
wickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

"Maybe I don't have to be good but I can try to be at least a little better than I've been so far" - the Avett Brothers
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'6

‎"Be who you are, say what you feel. Those who matter, don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter." --Dr. Seuss
butterflydreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I like inspirational quotes too - i'd read them while eating ice cream lol, they had virtually no effect on me. The only thing that ever stuck is "Shut the fk up, quit whining and making excuses and wishing you were thin. Just do it and get it over with" LOL so MEAN but kind of awesome!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #13  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
I just heard this the other day, I dunno who it's from but I like it because it's simple and easy to remember.

"Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, which is why it is called the present."
Lol. It's from the movie Kung Fu Panda.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #14  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

"My darling, believe your voice can mean something." -Jimmy Eat World
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #15  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

"Your mind and body are stronger than you could EVER imagine" Unknown

This has got me through many hard times during this journey both in relation to eating and exercise, and it got me through my first 5k race last month.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote