Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #16  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I eat mostly the same stuff day to day. One oddity about the way I eat, however, is that I like to eat small amounts of a great number of items, rather than large amounts of a smaller number of items. When I look at my food list for any given day it's about a mile long, with only the rare repeats. Today, for example, I'm going to eat 22 different foods. So that's how I get variety in while eating the same stuff constantly, heh. I also have a special Friday night dinner which always varies. This week it's Indian food, yay! And I eat different breakfasts on the weekends than during the week.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I eat basically the same thing every day, as well, & love the predictability of it! Breakfast is 1 whole hard boiled egg, 1 hard boiled egg white, & a banana (180 cal). Lunch is a wrap made with lean lunch meat, shredded lettuce, cucumbers, & tomato, along with some fresh veggies of some sort & 2 T. of hummus, an apple, & a yogurt (about 410-450 cal.). And supper, although it varies more than my breakfasts & lunch, is always one of about the same 5 things for about 700 cal. I usually have an evening snack for about 100-150 cal. (either a skinny cow ice cream bar or a sugar free pudding cup).

I find "same-ness" of it all helps keep me grounded.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #18  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Breakfast usually the same and lunch a bit of a variety but still mostly a rotation of the same things. Dinner - usually different!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I have a pretty predictable meal plan. But I allow for treats that I really love so it's all good. Also my meal plans change when I'm down visiting my boyfriend, from when I'm at home.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
(BBQ, asian chicken,)
Do you have a recipe of these proteins? It does sound very good.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I eat the same things every day. This kind of structure just works so well for me.

Breakfast - Smoothie of whey protein powder, no-sugar added soy milk, 1 banana and ground flax seed
Lunch - Salad with mixed spring greens, tomatoes, bell pepper,edamame and light three cheese ranch dressing
Dinner - Veggie burger, 2 cups of steamed veggies topped with a sprinkle of parmesan
Snacks - Microwaved sweet potato with smart balance, cottage cheese with 1TBS of fruit only spread, some days I have apple slices with natural peanut butter.

So far, I've found my food to be satisfying and delicious. I do have some Bok Choy and red cabbage in the fridge to cook up with veggie burger one evening.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have been eating some of the same stuff for years now, years and have no plans to change. I don't find it boring, in fact I look forward to it. My breakfast is always the same (yogurt and fiber one, the flavors change). My lunch is always the same - an ENORMOUS salad - but some of the ingredients do vary from time to time.. My snacks are pretty much the same too. Dinners are a bit more varied, especially on the weekend, but that's more for my family than for me.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

This works well for me. I've found food that I love and have no problem repeating it again and again.

I have read many times that people that limit there choices are thinner and healthier. I think I remember Dr. Oz saying this. It makes perfect sense. 90 percent or better of what's out there in the world is food I avoid, due to it's unhealthy and/or caloric contents.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #23  

Me too! Same exact meals every day. If I vary it, I feel like I've missed out on something by not having my usual. Such creatures of habit we are!!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 302/199/180

Height: 5' 6"

I also eat the same things day after day. My breakfast, snacks, and lunch are exactly the same every day. For dinner I have around 10 things I rotate, but really I have 3 of those ten things about 5 or 6 days out of the week.

I find it helps me to know exactly what I'm going to be eating for each meal because it means I don't have to think about food very much. In the past I drove myself crazy trying to come up with new meals that fit into a certain nutritional profile.
Desert Agave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #25  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I would LOVE to eat the same thing every day, that is how my nature is, but I have a huge tendency toward food sensitivities if I eat the same foods multiple days in a row. I actually begin to get migraines, runny noses, an itchy mouth and fatigue from too much oatmeal, eggs, almonds, etc etc.

So unfortunately I can't just eat my favorite things day in and day out, I have to have rotating menus so I don't begin to react to any one food. It's SUPER annoying!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #26  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I am impressed. I go through phases and will eat something over and over and then tire of it.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen925 View Post
Do you have a recipe of these proteins? It does sound very good.
I had posted them before, so I just had to search for it!

I love warmed up protein on salad - so all the protein is heated (except for the fake crab and the ham). I'm lucky enough to have a frig and a microwave at work, so it's easy to chill/nuke to get my lunch just how I like it. With so many salad options, I never get tired of them.

I've been on a ham kick lately, not sure why!

The Classic
Spinach leaves
Grilled chicken breast
¼ cup dried cranberries (when pomegranate seeds are cheap at Trader Joe's, I use them instead)
¼ cup nuts (pepitas or almonds, usually)
Grape tomatoes
Carrot shreddies
Red pepper chunks
Red onion
Gingerly Vinaigrette dressing

Asian (this also makes an amazing wrap)
Crisp romaine
Grilled chicken breast (shrimp is also good)
Mandarin oranges
Sliced, water chestnuts
Edamame
Grape tomatoes
Broccoli slaw
Small handful of cashew bits/pieces
Trader Joe’s Spicy Asian Vinaigrette
Crunchy salad wonton toppers (just a few, for crunch)

BBQ Chicken
Spinach
Roasted corn
A few black beans
Chopped roma tomato
Red onion
Carrot shreddies
Chopped avocado (how much – if any – depending on calories for the day)
Grilled chicken (heated in the oven with Amy’s organic bbq sauce as the dressing)
Sprinkle of low fat cheddar, black olives (but I usually leave this out)
A little fat free Ranch
a few tortilla strips for crunch

Mediterranean - makes 4 servings, not 5, so I pick this if I know I have an alternate lunch one day per work week (like out to lunch with a friend)
Crisp romaine
Broccoli slaw
Red onion
Sliced kalamata olive
Pepperocini
Carrot shreddies
Chopped roma tomato
Heated, crumbled spicy veggie burger
Trader Joe’s tzaziki (1/4 of container) for dressing

Blackened Salmon with goat cheese
Blackened salmon (I usually make an extra at dinner, then split it between 2 salads - if I don't have salmon, I just use chicken)
Green leaf lettuce
Carrot shreddies
Chopped red cabbage
grape tomatoes
goat cheese (about 50 calories)
Crunchy onions

Taco Salad
Seasoned ground turkey (when I make tacos for dinner, I make extra for salads)
Romaine
Pico De Gallo
Chopped red cabbage
Carrot shreddies
a few tortilla strips for crunch
Tomatilla salsa for dressing

Springtime Salad
Green leaf
Peas (or snow peas)
Imitation crab
Carrot shreddies
Grape tomatoes
Lite poppy seed dressing

Ham Salad
Crisp romaine
Grape tomatoes
Carrot shreddies
Chopped red cabbage
Diced ham
Crispy spicy wontons
Ken's Steakhouse lite dijon

Last edited by Glory87; 06-25-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have alot of similarity in my choices for lunch and breakfast. Dinner changes alot more when DH is home.

Everyone does it differently. I've found in this weight loss life - 'one size' does not fit all. I have a friend who eats virtually the same menu - just as you do. I have another weight loss friend who 'loves to cook'. Everyday is a new recipe. Both of these people are very successful in there weightloss story.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #29  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I really love the foods I eat and have the same things over and over again. I never seem to get tired of them. It's good to know I'm not the only person who doesn't crave a lot of variety!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #30  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I eat eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast every day. For lunch I eat a big old salad with warm protein on top. Dinner is where I play. I make a different dinner every night. For beakfast I HAVE to be consistent, mostly because I'm not a morning person and function better on auto pilot.

Last edited by lovemyboy; 06-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote