3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Goals & Gifts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/203848-goals-gifts.html)

AZgal8 06-06-2010 08:50 AM

Goals & Gifts

Anyone out there reward yourself for reaching mini-goals? Here is what I am thinking...

Since I am just starting and have 100lbs to lose, I decided to divide it up into 10-10lbs mini-goals. When I reach each 10lb weight loss, I am going to pick out a new Pandora charm for my bracelet.

I will have 10 charms on it by the end, and something to help inspire me through the process.

My husband just wants one big reward to work towards. He decided yesterday that when he reaches his goal, he wants to go to Space Camp. I didn't know they did them for adults...LOL I love my geek!

What do you do to reward yourself?

Cita 06-06-2010 09:31 AM

Having that visual reminder of how far you've come is such a great idea! And Space Camp was always one of my dreams after I saw the movie (does anyone else remember that one?) They actually have adult space camp? I guess the dream is still alive after all! :lol:

I'm doing rewards too (in my siggy) although I keep changing them as I remember other stuff I want.

Ultimate goal gift hasn't changed though. Disney or bust!

EveLHaelf 06-06-2010 09:41 AM

omg first off that is ADORABLE that your dh wants to go to space camp! I love my geek, too he is the same way!

You can also use pampering things like a haircut, facial, pedicure, manicure, new smaller clothes, new running/workout shoes, makeup, a massage, lotion, workout clothes, tanning sessions, a tattoo, a videogame (if ur into that) ANYTHING that will motivate you to keep going! Sometimes it's refreshing to be able to focus on something other than what the scale says, like looking forward to getting pampered at the end of a perfectly on plan week instead of worrying about a number on the scale.

nelie 06-06-2010 09:47 AM

I've been thinking about going to Space camp myself :)

GirlyGirlSebas 06-06-2010 09:51 AM

When I reach goal, I want a dragonfly tattoo and lasik surgery. Along the way, I pamper myself with pedicures and trips to Sephora for a special something. Yesterday, I bought a beautiful new lip gloss.

lovemyboy 06-06-2010 10:43 AM

I originally thought I'd need rewards to keep me going but so far I've been satisfied with the reward of newer smaller clothes as I shrink. I was intending to do rewards based on certain lengths of time spent on plan vs. Pounds lost so I could continue the reward program into maintenance. I may still do this if I plateau or if the clothes size reward stops working.

Edited to add that I want to do something big for goal but I don't know what yet. Perhaps a trip to somewhere warm where I could wear a bathing suit with my goal body in it?

mizb1978 06-06-2010 10:56 AM

I am kind of obsessed with lists. I have a spreadsheet for EVERYTHING! ( and I mean EVERYTHING)

I have a sheet that shows every 5 lbs. and what I will weigh and when and what reward goes with it. So far I have gotten new sandals, and a new Wii "game" (Ea sports active.)

Others include; a new book I really want to read, Manicures, pedicures, massages, new outfits, more books, DVDs, teeth whitening and things like that.

I also have a monetary system. Basically I take $5 - $10 each week (the amount I would spend on junk at the vending machine) and add it to a pool. I will "pay" myself for things like exercising, and staying under points for the week.

I know sounds complicated, but it works. I think I have almost $30. This will pay for or at least help to pay for my ultimate goal reward; Either a new dog, a Kindle or an iPad.