Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 03:21 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default When you feel like giving up.

I'd like to know what all you very motivated women do when you feel like you can't face one more walk with the dog, one more fiber bar or one more day without oreos.

I wanna hear your techniques for keeping motivated!

Do you do some visualization, talk to a friend, read a book? Tell me your secrets to sucess!
Old 09-25-2002, 03:45 PM   #2  

Well, I've been close enough lately to giving up. But, #1, I read the posts of people who have lost much more than I. And the posts of people who have many stressful things going on in their lives (as have I, of course). And the posts of those who are struggling to stay motivated.

#2, I remind myself that I'm feeling better since I'm eating better and a few pounds lighter.

#3, (and this may be heresy) I probably have the oreo. One oreo, not the bag. I do think we need some programmed in treats occasionally and I think the reason I often failed before was that I was trying to be too strict with me and would give it ALL up instead of saying "ok, have some (a little) of that birthday cake". I'd go nutso trying not to have any and eventually cleaning out the whole cake.

As a matter of fact, I weighed in this morning. I have been dying to have a mocha muffin for days now and there are four in the fr eezer. All week, I have told myself I can have that muffin on Thursday and I will. then I'll hop back on the goodgirl train and keep chugging. So pick a day, pick a (small) treat and then keep on chugging.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:22 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

If I'm really having a tough time I get myself a break - but I don't quit! If I take the day off - I still insist that I exercise.

This is a journey - it will be a very long one... but one day I will make it. The important thing is to never quit.
It takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a lb. - having some oreos is not the worst thing. Maintance is sometimes good. The worst thing is quitting.

Dana
Old 09-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #4  

I don't know that I'm all that successful -- YET -- but I guess I'm close to a third of the way "there." I would say that what has been key so far is exercise, specifically for me weight lifting. I am finding that if I don't feel like exercising but I force myself to do even just a little, I improve my attitude. and more and more often I find myself WANTING, or even NEEDING to exercise! This in turn helps me with all the other areas.

Pen
Closed Thread