NSV - Stairs

• I caught myself running up the stairs today for no reason other than i needded to put something away upstairs. No one was chasing me and nothing was on fire. ;-) I have in the past avoided stairs or consolidated trips.
  • That is awesome!
  • Very cool. Congrats!
  • I've been doing this sort of thing myself lately, too. I used to make sure I did everything I needed to do upstairs before I came down for the morning, and pil everything that needed to go up throughout the day at the bottom so I could take it all up when I put the kids to bed, and sending the kids upstairs for things I needed throughout the day. Now, if I need something or to put something away, I just do it! It's great!
  • Congrats I live in a 3 story townhome so avoiding stairs isn't really option. Before living here, I lived in a 4th floor apartment so again no avoiding stairs.
  • Yay! I'm the same, was hating stairs and avoiding them as much as possible but now I get a wee run up them sometimes.

High five!!
  • That's great!
  • This is a wonderful NSV and shows how life changing losing weight can be. Before I started losing weight, my husband wanted to sell our house and buy a one story house. He thought that I was just a couple of years away from not being able to use the stairs at all. If I had continued the way I was, it would have happened.
  • WTG!

A.
  • This is a wonderful NSV.

I can't wait to experience the same thing myself.
  • Congratulations; this is a wonderful NSV!

In my apartment complex there is a set of 19 stairs from the trash area to where I park my car. It makes me so happy to be able to run up them now! For years I would have to hold on to the railing next to any set of steps and kind of haul myself up. Not fun.
  • Thanks everyone! . It's really one of those things you don't think about but it makes a huge difference.

I can totally relate to "hauling" oneself up the stairs using the railing. I moved into this multiple story home at my highest weight and was thinking I'd have to move into a ranch-style home as I got a bit older (read:heavier). I'm not taking this for granted. I'm bounding up the stairs whenever I can simply because I can. No more queueing stuff up at the bottom of the stairs.