Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default BootCampGirlyGirl

I am going to be putting myself through a boot camp sort of thing starting on Monday. My plan is to burn at least 4,000 calories a day. My norm is 2,650 and I have hit 4,000 before - so it's not all that crazy. I currently eat 1,650 calories a day and I figure I may have to up it a little to keep my energy up for all the exercise, but I plan to up my burn lots more than my intake. I'm wanting to end each day with at least a 1500 cal. deficit.

I'm posting to see if anyone can give me any creative calorie burning activities to add to my days. I'm worried that I am going to get bored with my workouts.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I don't have any ideas but wanted to wish you good luck with it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #3  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Hi!

I've actually been going through a bootcamp workout plan for the past 10 weeks (I have lost 22 pounds in that time).

If you are doing it on your own its a lot of work --- you should find if you can get others to do it with you. And you have to make sure you don't get burned out.

I workout 6 days a week.
I do a bootcamp workout for 1 hour 3 times a week. (You should try P90X for an intense workout plan)
I do 1 hour of weight training 3 times a week.
I do cardio 6 days a week so that can be:
a) I walk 4 miles after having done a bootcamp workout

or

b) I walk 8 miles if I haven't done a bootcamp workout

or

c) Jog for 30 minutes straight on the treadmill then do 1 hour on the ellyptical or bike (on both the elyptical or bike I make sure to use higher levels to increase the workout)

So overall I workout 3 to 4 hours a day and sometimes that can mean going to the gym twice. So a typical schedule for me would be 5:30 am I would do my bootcamp workout (I go to a class), then head straight to the trail and walk 4 miles and then go to the gym to do some weight training (if its a weight training day)

On the days I don't have bootcamp I'll walk 8 miles and try to get in some jogging with the walking. You should consider doing couch to 5k or interval training to really push yourself to get to the next level.

Other than that I am on a plan to eat 5-6 times a day, drink tons of water, get enough protein in etc. Now that I got into this schedule I have now become addicted to working out and feel great! You can do this! I have dieted and deprived myself and failed each time but after being inspired by the biggest loser tv show workouts I was like maybe I should focus more on working out and not just dieting. I used to hate exercise but now I realize it really is the best way to lose weight. We should treat our bodies like athletes do and try to make them the best they can be. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by caliyah; 06-04-2010 at 01:22 AM.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #4  
littlecharclay

S/C/G: 195/135.2/115

Height: 5.2

What are you doing for your exersie in the boot camp
littlecharclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I just love the summer enthusiasm around here!! 4000 calories? Seriously? How many hours would you say that entails? Are you talking about calorie burnt across the day with a bodybugg or something or just in a pure workout. Because in my three hour workouts I estimate I'm burning maybe 1500 calories. (About 500 for running, 500 on the elliptical and maybe 500 for lifting) Mine all estimates or based on what the machines tell me.

I love classes of any kind because they're quite motivating. So far I've done Spinning (Love it, do it three days a week), body works + abs and yoga.

I run on the treadmill or outside. I do the elliptical. I love biking.

With my kids, we like to hunt out local parks and hike the trails or spend the day at the amusement park which entails a lot of walking. My husband loves raquetball.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #6  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

I agree I"m not calorie counting my workouts --- just making sure I get in intense workouts and stay consistent.

My bootcamp varies...we just mix cardio and strength training in workouts ..lots of jumping jacks, squats, lunges, step, mountain climbers, pushups, situps, crab walking, circuit weight training, jogging, running with weights, kickboxing --- our instructor always surprises us with something
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #7  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Caliyah - Thanks. Hubby is looking into getting me P90X, Insanity, or both. I’m also going to be going back to zumba classes - those are awesome - lots of fun and a great calorie burn. I wasn’t able to go once I started working for a school because they are held during school hours, but I can go during summer - YAY! I tried to do the coach to 5K thing before, but I got annoyed. Right now I am trying to train myself to run using my own pace. I wish our gym had a bootcamp class, yours sounds like fun to me. I know, most people wouldn’t call that fun, but I’m insane apparently, lol.

Eliana - The 4,000 I am looking for is for each 24 hour period as tracked with my bodybugg. The one time I have hit 4,000 I did it mostly with the treadmill. I was just trying to see if I could do it that day. Now I know I can and want to do it consistently for a while, but I don’t want to rely on the treadmill so much or I’ll get bored and give up.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #8  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Good luck, I'll be rooting for you! Sounds like quite the undertaking.

PS: I envy you having the summer off.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote