3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   losing weight fast ROCKS! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/203164-losing-weight-fast-rocks.html)

iwilllose 05-29-2010 10:49 PM

losing weight fast ROCKS!

Happy to report that I have lost 7#in 6days. This motivates me to stick with it. i once lost 90 # in 3months and I know you are thinking yeh but u didn't keep it off. I did for TEN Years. It was well worth it all. I will do it again this way, my way. :+»

Onederchic 05-29-2010 10:52 PM

Well, losing weight slow rocks for me :D

ubercast 05-29-2010 10:59 PM

Good for you! ^_^

Losing weight, no matter how fast, rocks for anybody.

kaplods 05-29-2010 11:11 PM

Sometimes the speed of weight loss isn't a choice. Other times it's a choice with consequences and trade-offs. I wish I had learned earlier that slow weight loss is a legitimate path. For many years I thought there was fast weight loss and there was failure. I thought I was failing when I was actually just succeeding slowly (and what I thought of as slowly when I was in my teens and twenties, now in my 40's seems lightening fast).

No matter how quickly you're succeeding, it deserves crazy, wild celebration. Congratulations (I'm throwing imaginary confetti and blowing an imaginary noisemaker for you)!!

Michelle98272 05-29-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwilllose (Post 3314717)
I will do it again this way, my way. :+»[SIZE="7"]

I love it that there are as many different weight loss plans as people here. What plan are you following?

glenlorie 05-30-2010 12:03 AM

Congrats! Keep looking for things to keep you motivated!! Best wishes!!

Onederchic 05-30-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 3314773)
I love it that there are as many different weight loss plans as people here. What plan are you following?

This is the introduction post from iwilllose, with some info on choice of "plan" - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3308332-post1.html

TaraLee 05-30-2010 12:23 AM

doesn't that seem unhealthy?

I mean I understand the desperate need to lose a lot of weight in a short time period, but yikes! I'd have a hard time sticking with it... I'm a chewer, I need the chewing sensation, and, to sound horridly vain, the weight coming off that fast just screams skin sagging.

If your under a dr's care make sure you ask him/her about your diet. Maybe you can use it for the first couple weeks than switch to a solids, maybe more healthier diet? I'm not terribly familiar with the protein liquids.

Non-the-less I know the excitment your feeling now :)

iwilllose 05-30-2010 07:59 AM

in response to sagging skin!

I am sure that my skin will sag, no matter what... when you have 100# to lose, it's going to sag! In fact, that was my excuse for not losing the weight. :dizzy: I will just have to deal with it after the weight loss. Then I will have to change my user name to "bagging and sagging". Honestly, probably the majority of this initial loss of weight is due to fluid loss, the body is 90% water! The hardest part of weight loss is still to come. Thanks for your interest in my posts. I really appreciate having support.:hug:

Eliana 05-30-2010 08:21 AM

Losing 100 lbs doesn't necessarily make the skin sag. :no: For some, yes. I've lost over 50 lbs and I have no sagging skin and no signs of it. But I am also a SLOW loser who exercises it off. ;)

xMeaganx 05-30-2010 08:28 AM

Well good for you on the weight loss.....I know at times I wish I could have those numbers but losing slower has been good for me. I personally would never be able to maintain weight loss by cutting my calories to low or doing a liquid diet.

I also agree with Eliana that losing weight does not equal saggy skin for everyone. You will here all the time on this forum that we all have different body types and different rates of saggy skin.

rockinrobin 05-30-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwilllose (Post 3314958)
I am sure that my skin will sag, no matter what... when you have 100# to lose, it's going to sag! In fact, that was my excuse for not losing the weight. :dizzy: I will just have to deal with it after the weight loss. Then I will have to change my user name to "bagging and sagging". Honestly, probably the majority of this initial loss of weight is due to fluid loss, the body is 90% water! The hardest part of weight loss is still to come. Thanks for your interest in my posts. I really appreciate having support.:hug:

Well actually the body is made up of up to 60% water, not 90 and yes, the initial early weeks of a losing program, water along with the fat, will be lost, but that's okay. That's got to go too.

Have you started doing some strength training, because with any weight loss, especially a speedy one, there's muscle to be lost as well as the fat and we definitely want to minimize that.

I'm so happy to hear of your loss. I think we'd all pretty much agree that the most important thing about losing weight is not necessarily how fast we lose it, but that we lose it PERMANENTLY.

Do you have a plan in place for how you will deal with the transition from liquid diet to solid food once the weight is off, so that those pounds can stay off? It's never too early to start thinking about the all important and much longer, maintenance stage.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress. :)

Trazey34 05-30-2010 11:20 AM

if that floats your boat, more power to ya :) The cautionary voice in my head only hopes that you're doing mental work along with the liquid diet :) And I agree, I lost over 100 lbs. and sagging is at a minimum of course i did it over 2 years, maybe i'd look like a sharpei if i did it in 3 months who knows :D lol

Brit 05-30-2010 12:07 PM

90 pounds in 3 months? how?

LaurieDawn 05-30-2010 12:48 PM

I hope you succeed! And that you succeed long-term. I am just off from my spring semester at school, and am only working part-time, so I am doing a modified biggest loser thing by trying to exercise three hours a day. I'm hoping to do half your goal - 50 pounds before August 15. But I am also trying to do as Robin advises - figure out how I am going to continue losing (and then maintaining) when school starts again and I have almost no time for breathing. It won't be easy - but I think it will be easier after I have trained myself again to eat the right foods and crave exercise...And, after all, Robin lost 154 pounds in 10 months and has kept it off for three years - she's my hero.