3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 05-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Good luck....since a lot have brought up my concerns for you I don't have to go into it

please hang around!

"The most exciting, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself."

My fan page on facebook! www.facebook.com/taneeisfitforlife
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #17
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm not sure you meant this, but the tone of your post comes across as somewhat "in your face" and defensive. And, no, you really don't know what I'm thinking. I'm thinking for you what I think of for everyone who struggles with their weight..."Yay! Keep going! You can do this!" Please allow yourself to relax and enjoy the support around here on the 100lb club. Yes, we can be brutally honest at times. But, this is also a place where we cry with you when you're down, support you when you struggle and cheer you on as you succeed. Regardless of what weight loss plan you choose, we all want to see you succeed.

"Live the life you've always imagined." Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-30-2010 at 01:03 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #18

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am also a slow loser.. and likely won't get loose skin either. Yay for slow losers too!

Congrats on your weight loss, 100 pounds in 100 days is impressive! My MIL did the same, she lost all the weight she wanted!

-Aimee

November Goal: 2.5 down / 2.5 to go!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #19
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
if that floats your boat, more power to ya The cautionary voice in my head only hopes that you're doing mental work along with the liquid diet And I agree, I lost over 100 lbs. and sagging is at a minimum of course i did it over 2 years, maybe i'd look like a sharpei if i did it in 3 months who knows lol
Thanks for the laugh

Transformation in Pictures

My Facebook

Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
- Conrad Hilton

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietitian, nutritionist, any kind of health professional or fitness expert...I'm just a woman who's lost 161.5 pounds so far with a lot of hard work.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
I hope you succeed! And that you succeed long-term. I am just off from my spring semester at school, and am only working part-time, so I am doing a modified biggest loser thing by trying to exercise three hours a day. I'm hoping to do half your goal - 50 pounds before August 15. But I am also trying to do as Robin advises - figure out how I am going to continue losing (and then maintaining) when school starts again and I have almost no time for breathing. It won't be easy - but I think it will be easier after I have trained myself again to eat the right foods and crave exercise...And, after all, Robin lost 154 pounds in 10 months and has kept it off for three years - she's my hero.
This is exactly what I'm doing, but I'm doing it more as an experiment. I don't actually have high expectations for any kind of a big loss. I only wish! In fact, just one week in I'm already discovering it's too hard, not sustainable, and I kind of want to quit. Not cool. Long term sustainability is the way to go. I feel strong enough to continue with my experiment knowing full well that it's ok to back off when I feel like enough is enough. And honestly, even after three hours of exercise a day for a week...I've gained two pounds.
mini goals: ~211-10% lost;12/24/09 ~203 class I obesity 1/28/10; ~199 Onederland/15% 2/19/10; ~188-20%; ~185 half way 5/14/10; 179-bye 180's 6/12/10; ~174 overweight 7/3/2010;169-bye 170's 8/13/10;~164-30% 10/23/2010159-bye 160's~11/1/10; 153-35%~12/23/10; 149-bye 150's~2/11/11; 145 normal~2/14/2011; ~141-40%; 139-bye 140's ~135 GOAL! (129-45%; 117.5-50%)

My "goal" story: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...goal-post.html
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
BJ

S/C/G: 258/247/160

Height: 5'10

Default Please accept my apologies

To girly girly sebas - sorry if I offended you, I did not mean to. I also apologize to anyone else if I seemed cocky. I got carried away being so excited to finally see the scale go down again. I promise to tame my emotions with all successive posts.To Michelle 98272, I am on a liquid protein diet. I am also eating an occasional hard boiled egg and twice daily I am taking in 3 melba toast broken up and placed into my soup. Also daily I began having one melba toast sandwich, two - 19 calorie crackers with 2 slices of turkey meat inside and an occasional mint (not on my diet!) Thanks to all of you who offered me encouragement -xoxoxoxox. Friends, I know that I need to develop some kind of exercise program but my knees are shot! It is all I can do to get through the day with the pain. My housework is suffering! Everytime I walk it is bone rubbing against bone. MRI shows no cartilage. I have been told that bilateral total knees are in my future. I am trying at all expense to avoid it because I am only 57....so I am sooooo excited to continue in the right direction. I am down 8 pounds since I started 11 days ago but even the greater thing is that my pain is not as severe and I am better able to sleep at night. I know that I need to exercise . I think about exercise and cringe thinking I will have to go in for another knee injection. I have had about four injections in the past...they hurt but really help. I am seeing the Dr. Tuesday and asking for a RX for physical therapy. I know that swimmimg would be good for me but I am too embarrased to be seen in a swim suit! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks I will lose
iwilllose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #22

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

We all do what we need to do to survive and to make it the best we can. I am glad you understand the need for exercise and it seems to me your setting up a re-introduction to solids for when that point finally arrives.
My advise, and I mean this encouragingly: don't worry about what you look like in a swimsuit. Your diet is extreme, you need, not only want but have a medical NEED to lose this weight and if that means having to be seen in a swimsuit (BTW, they've got some that are pretty modest and cover a good deal, or go with swimshorts if your more comfy) than by all means, strut it like you OWN it!
I hope your knees improve soon. Best wishes.

Long Term:[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIluyhi/]
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #23

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I am here to tell you to get that swimsuit on girlfriend! There are plenty of styles to chose from that are flattering and modest. I'm a big fan of the swim short (can you say saggy thighs???) and a swim top (can you say 18DDD?)

It's the best thing I ever did. I have osteo arthritis in my knee and in the past the pain was so bad I would cry at times. Injections have helped tremendously but losing weight is the best thing so my injections are few and between these days.

Take a water aerobics class or just swim laps or take swim lessons if you can't swim. BTW, you don't need to know how to swim to take a water aerobics class. These are no impact exercises on the joints. The warm water and exercise will tire you for sure BUT it will keep you loose and limber for the rest of the day--especially true if you are faithful to attend.

Trust me when I tell you that there will be far more women in your shape than not. The young and healthy tend to choose a more rigorous, high impact form of exercise. And, once you're in the water there's really not much for anyone to look at, is there?

Don't let what others might be thinking stop you from being the best and most healthy person you can be.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #24

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Aside from diet ssues I find your pink lettering hard to read, is it just my computer ? I am curious about your liquid protein diet . Is it Doctor prescribed or Doctor supervised ? Seems like your diet is very restrictive. I am not critisizing , just wondering I don't see any fruits or vegies.

Last edited by bargoo; 06-05-2010 at 08:40 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #25

You can get a great workout sitting down - Google chair aerobics to get started.

HW 356 pounds - CW 135 - GW 137

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Exercise suggestions: If you are too embarrassed to be seen in a swimsuit, how about some "Sit and Be Fit" type stuff: stretches, arm movements and easy leg lift type stuff done from a seated position...you could make up your own, seated exercises to do to music.

Not that you are this big, I saw a show on TLC about a guy that weighed something like 800lbs, he was in a nursing home to lose weight, he had a PT assistant come to his room every day to exercise while laying in bed. His exercise was just stretches, arm movements and leg lifts.

Thanks for coming back to update us. Hang in there and good luck!!

First Mini-Goal: Lose 10 lbs. Met 2/22/2010
Second Mini-Goal: 20 lbs. down Met 4/23/2010
Third Mini-Goal: Lost 10% body weight (27 lbs down) Met 9/13/2010
Fourth Mini-Goal: Lose 8 more lbs to = 40 lbs lost :
Back on track:9/5/2011 First goal: get back to 246
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #27

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Hand weights are great!
Keep up with it... focus on being healthy even if it takes a bit longer.
Swimming is fun!
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #28

S/C/G: 287/ticker/139

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilllose View Post
I know that swimmimg would be good for me but I am too embarrased to be seen in a swim suit! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks I will lose
Hi! I've been swimming for years, I don't know why I've not been embarrassed but I'm not. I walk from my car to the pool and back again in my suit, not even a cover-up. No one seems to notice me, and I doubt they'd notice you. Once you get in the water, no one can see you anyway.

I was heavier than you when I started and am 5" shorter than you ... so you probably look pretty darn good. Just don't worry about it, no one else does in my experience.

CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #29
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
You can get a great workout sitting down - Google chair aerobics to get started.
Love this idea!

My Facebook

Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
- Conrad Hilton

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietitian, nutritionist, any kind of health professional or fitness expert...I'm just a woman who's lost 161.5 pounds so far with a lot of hard work.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Aside from diet ssues I find your pink lettering hart to read, is it just my computer ? I am curious about your liquid protein diet . Is it Doctor prescribed or Doctor supervised ? Seems like your diet is very restrictive. I am not critisizing , just wondering I don't see any fruits or vegies.

Nope, hard to read for me too

My Facebook

- Conrad Hilton