3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Train NSV... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/203162-train-nsv.html)

ubergirl 05-29-2010 10:32 PM

Train NSV...

I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday, but I think I had the most amazing NSV of all yesterday...

I took the train to NYC. I was walking down the aisle looking for a seat and there was an aisle seat free next to a quiet-looking slender man...

I reflexively thought to myself "oh, he's going to be disappointed if I sit next to him..."

I've had that thought somewhere in the back of my mind every time I've boarded public transportation. Who wants to sit next to a person who takes up more than her fair share of real estate??? It's even worse when I am carrying several bags and feel bumbly.

But yesterday, I thought, "I can sit next to him, because I'm not that big anymore..."

I sat down and realized that there was PLENTY OF SPACE. I fit into my seat. FOR ONCE I did not feel like I had to watch it whenever I moved around.

I almost cried when I realized it!!!!!!!! :):):)

It is such a dreadful feeling to always feel like you are taking up too much space.

Onederchic 05-29-2010 10:52 PM

That is awesome!! Congrats :D

ap90 05-29-2010 11:19 PM

I loved it when I had this NSV as well! COngrats!

FitGirlyGirl 05-30-2010 12:05 AM

This was also one of my favorite NSVs. Congrats and enjoy sitting with confidence.

Cglasscock1 05-30-2010 12:55 AM

How wonderful! Many more NSVs to come, I'm sure!

IsabelleLuke 05-30-2010 01:18 AM

That was a great story you shared. Thanks!

Loving Me 05-30-2010 04:32 AM

That's a wonderful NSV, I'm not surprised you teared up. I still get a buzz when I'm in a place where you have to walk between tables and chairs, narrow gaps if you know what I mean. I used to have to work out the widest gaps to use, it was like working my way out of a maze. Nowadays I look at a gap, think wow that's a narrow gap, but I still fit through it!

PeanutsMom704 05-30-2010 08:53 AM

that's a good one!! congrats!

GirlyGirlSebas 05-30-2010 09:07 AM

These kind of NSV's are the best! Even better than the scale victories. Congratulations!

oneLess 05-30-2010 08:29 PM

That's awesome!

sterbear 05-31-2010 01:15 AM

awesome, congrats! I can't wait for that feeling too (:

rockinrobin 05-31-2010 05:58 AM

Oh can I relate!!!! Public transportation was a NIGHTMARE for me. I had your EXACT thoughts - always. People would see me coming towards them and cringe as I took up enough space for close to 2 people.

All seats were truly a nightmarish experience for me and brought on a lot of anxiety for me. Hair salon, dentist's chair, picnic benches, restaurant booths, movie theaters, lawn chairs, beach chairs, outdoor plastic chairs, folding chairs, school auditorium, teacher parent conferences - you name it - if there was seating involved - it was a VERY unpleasant experience.

It is still one of my biggest joys - to be able to fit into every seat with room to spare and to never, ever, ever have to worry about taking up more than my fair share of space and never, ever, ever having to worry about breaking them.

I am once again reminded how this journey, this lifestyle is SO worth it.

I am very happy for you. :)

uclr0028 05-31-2010 09:02 AM

Uber..That is so awesome. I am so excited for you.. There is a hockey arena where the seats are so small everytime that I got there for an event I always have to squish into the seats. I went there about a month ago for a circus and to my surprise I fit into the seat with room to spare.. MANY MORE NSVs for you to come...

llmw1951 05-31-2010 09:37 AM

Congratulations! Great Story!

startswimming 05-31-2010 10:05 AM

YAY!!! Congrats!! I can't wait to get there myself!!

:)