Another weigh day!!!

• I lost 2.2 pounds since last Wednesday after only losing .8 - woot! I did that eating on the high end range and after fighting cravings most of the week. My body is definitely experiencing some stuff right now. Yesterday I was only 33% carbs and 40% protein and my blood sugar was 144 - yet the days before it was 114. I don't get it! Aside from eating on the high end the only thing I did different this week was adding in MINOR and I do mean minor exercise. TOM still never came back after last Tuesday so I don't know what is up, but I am loving the loss! I hit my first mini goal!!!

I am so thankful for the support here and to have a place to check in and just "think out loud." Ya'all are the best!
  • Congrats on meeting your first mini goal!

I'm sorry you've been fighting cravings. I have that problem some days, and other days, I'm fine.

Keep up the great work!
  • Quote: Yesterday I was only 33% carbs and 40% protein and my blood sugar was 144 - yet the days before it was 114. I don't get it!
    Yes, but, your sugars previously were up over 200, am I right? So even 144 is a major improvement.

Bodies aren't machines and aren't always predictable the way we want them to be. But you know that what you're doing IS getting major results--not just in terms of weight lost, but in terms of improvements to your health.

You're doing great, Mary, keep at it. What a blessing you're giving to your family by taking care of yourself like this.
  • Your body will even out on the sugar stuff eventually. One day at a time and then after a month you can look back and see how much improvement you made!
  • Way to go!!
  • Boy, if those numbers are coming down that dramatically, wow all the way around! Lower blood sugar...lower weight. Whoot!!

Good for you!
  • Quote: Yes, but, your sugars previously were up over 200, am I right? So even 144 is a major improvement.

Bodies aren't machines and aren't always predictable the way we want them to be. But you know that what you're doing IS getting major results--not just in terms of weight lost, but in terms of improvements to your health.

You're doing great, Mary, keep at it. What a blessing you're giving to your family by taking care of yourself like this.
    You're right of course, that 144 is an improvement...it just surprises me because I haven't had 140's since week two. They've been the 120's and then 2 days in a row at 114 and then a spike to 144 just seems weird. Especially when I wasn't loading on carbs. Maybe tomorrow will be back down. I might have only taken my Metformin 1 time yesterday too....I can't remember!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am so excited and can't wait to be a normal weight again....it's been 14 years since I was at a healthy weight range of 140-150.