3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Stupid Ham rant and how to lose sodium (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/198714-stupid-ham-rant-how-lose-sodium.html)

Nikki6kidsmom 04-06-2010 11:46 PM

Stupid Ham rant and how to lose sodium

I had 2 small pieces of ham on Easter and the 5 pounds I lost this month returned overnight from the sodium!

So tell me the tried and true flushing techniques. I am beside myself over the whole thing . HELP!!!

Lyn2007 04-06-2010 11:50 PM

Just drink lots of water, don't add sodium to anything for a few days. Stay on plan. Add a little lemon juice to your water. And asparagus is a natural diuretic.

p.s... and since you KNOW it is water bloat, don't get upset about it. It is JUST water and will be gone soon! Don't stress :)

2phatinvictoria 04-07-2010 01:05 AM

sauna it out lol?

cfmama 04-07-2010 01:11 AM

Tried and true? Only all natural fruits and veggies and lots of water for two days ;) It will be gone.

Eliana 04-07-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 3235866)
Tried and true? Only all natural fruits and veggies and lots of water for two days ;) It will be gone.

Listen to her! This woman knows sodium!! LOL! (Sorry, couldn't resist. Sodium just does not like you.)

Gourmet Bean 04-07-2010 11:19 AM

A GREAT diuretic is watermelon. Unfortunately, you'll probably have a bit of a hard time trying to find some watermelon right now. But other fruits and veggies and lots and lots of water (just like cfmama said!) and you'll be back on track.

junebug41 04-07-2010 11:27 AM

I found a watermelon! I paid 8 bucks for it but it was worth every last penny. :drool:

I am fighting the sodium monster, too. The only thing that really works for me is water, water, water and watching my carbs.

Michelle98272 04-07-2010 01:53 PM

Green Tea

Plain old green tea (I buy Tazo Zen but any will do), I sip it hot or iced with a packet of Splenda. It seems to help me get rid of the sodium after a particularly hairy incident. Hello, St. Patty's Day/Corned Beef and Cabbage!

matt_H 04-07-2010 02:06 PM

and I had a ham and turkey sandwich today at lunch...oy! :)

My scale has been screwy with water retention as well. Just have to give it a few days drinking lots of water. Time is really the only remedy unfortunately.

JustBeckyV 04-07-2010 02:24 PM

WOW -- I have never had anything like that happen to me. I had ham on Sunday as well. At least yanno the cause and that it's just a temporary thing.

Nikki6kidsmom 04-07-2010 07:04 PM

Okay I am committed to the 2 days of fruit and veggies starting in the morning. I have been watering myself like CRAZY and have run 6 miles since Sunday also did an 1 hour long bootcamp class. I have lost 2 so far but I want to see 184 that I saw on Sunday morning.

I will let you know if the fruits and veggie days work for me too. Thanks for the help.
I have sworn off ham for ever!