3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Big Fat Whine and Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/198416-big-fat-whine-question.html)

Nikki6kidsmom 04-03-2010 02:35 AM

Big Fat Whine and Question

The Big FAT WHine-
I am tired of hurting. I started a boot camp program January 4th and pretty much have some sort of aching body part since. My husband complained that he can't touch me without me yelling at him for the pain he is causing me by pushing on my sore muscles. He said I must not realize that I sigh every time I get up and down from sitting or roll over in bed at night.
But I have committed to this program and it is getting me results 13 pounds and 2 pant sizes since Jan.. It does come at a cost one being that I am ALWAYS sore. Going 3 times a week on set days gives me little recovery time. But I am sticking it out because I believe in time it will get better and in some ways it has.

The Question-*Female part related* If that bothers you stop reading now------

Okay here goes. With my intense 3 times a week boot camp I also do running a few times a week. After these workouts I have started some spotting for the next few hours post workout. I have LOTS of loose abdominal skin from having 6 babies all c sections. The plastic surgeon estimated 13 pounds of skin alone that needs to be removed from my stomach but I can't afford the surgery just yet ($10,000!). No idea if the 2 are related but I do think it is worrisome this is happening so often between cycles. ANY experience with this? I do plan to call my GYN this coming week and get her opinion. I have gone from a size 24 down to a 12 even with the nasty mess of skin. I just worry about this but I don't want to give up on my workouts.

squishysquirrel 04-03-2010 09:02 AM

I've not seen spotting caused by exercise, but I'm just now starting my career in pathology. However, when I was on my family medicine rotation, we did have a couple of male runners that came in complaining about blood in their urine, and my attendee explained to me that it is common in runners as a result of stress on the bladder. Definitely see your OBGYN.

getittogether 04-03-2010 10:14 AM

I do spot after exercise but I have an IUD so I thought maybe it was related. But I feel grat otherwise so the spotting has not really concerned me. I too figured I'd mention it to the doc next time I'm there

mkyice 04-03-2010 10:15 AM

I'm not sure what sort of health insurance you have, but some insurance companies will cover part of the cost for tummy tucks if the folds of skin are causing a documented problem. Just something to look into if the skin doesn't catch up and you want to have it removed. As for the spotting, never had any excercise related. I hope the OB/GYN gives you some answers and reassurance.

Angihas2 04-03-2010 10:46 AM

I've had 2 c-sections and the same thing occurs with me. It can actually be painful, but I had a wound tract infection with my 2nd child that required months of packing and care. I always assumed it was related to that. Now I wonder if the bouncing around, which can be very hard to the particular stomach area as it's bouncing, isn't maybe some small tears healing around the old scars? Or break down of scar tissue? I don't know, but I'm interested in finding out