3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Food Plans - for life or for now? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/19828-food-plans-life-now.html)

SunDrop 09-09-2002 07:24 PM

Dieting- Learning about food, what to eat what not to eat, how your body reacts to different types of food. Once the weight is gone the lessons will still be there. Dh asked me if I would still be avoiding carbs when I met my goal. I mean, is low carb a weightloss tool only or is it a way of life?

I know I feel better and have more energy when I go light on sugars and that a starchy meal seems to beg for more starch as company all day, so a waffle in the morning leads to a really hard day for me. That's a lesson learned.

I know that I eat a lot less all day when I exercise and that it generally makes me feel better (mood wise I'm more positive when I have done 45 minutes of moderate cardio.) So that's a lesson too.

I know that I am in for a life of vigillance, I'm not sure that I'll always journal all my food, but I can see how it may be a good habit to keep.

Losing this weight has been one of the hardest bravest things I have ever tried, I had to come clean with myself on a lot of stuff, I didn't want to deal with, I'm not planning on having to go through this again.

Yesterday was an Off Day and I just ate on autopilot, I was busy all day, at the end of the day I journaled it and without thinking about it, I made wise choices, I even had some of DH's fabulous lasagna, a wee piece with lots of salad and no bread. Nice to eat a Lasagna dinner without guilt. That was a meal I used to REALLY overdo.

Some big changes I have made.
Skim milk not 2%

salad at least once usually twice a day

Make my own dressings with flax seed oil and tasty vinegars, lets me control what I'm eating.

I don't really do fast food anymore, dry salads if I don't have any other option. I really don't like french Fries anymore, and a bite of Dh's whopper a few weeks ago was not nearly as good as my smoked turkey salad.

I've learned lots of light cooking techniques, use a lot of stocks for flavor, fresh herbs.

Mustards instead of mayonnaise.

Portion size, portion size, portion size.

Whey protein smoothies- DaVinci sugar free syrups. I make some tasty frozen concoctions.

Dessert is not an inalienble right for any of us. My children are not abused because I don't bake for them twice a week.

Advertisers lie.

-SunDrop:flow2:

Goddess Jessica 09-10-2002 12:34 PM

Denise - Let me tell you, my heart swelled when you only ate half a wonton. (HOW SILLY AM I? I can't believe how much I hope for these women I know only from a message board!). Way to go. I am not there yet (I ate a half a pan of brownies this weekend) but it is so encouraging to see that it can be done.

Sundrop, I think I'm with you on the exercise part. I never understood how much exercise needs to be a part of everyday life.

Sandi 09-11-2002 10:56 PM

Sundrop - Your post was awesome!! Thanks!!!

Is it bad that I don't know what a wonton is and have never had one?

muelledk 09-11-2002 11:15 PM

Believe me Sandi, you are better off to never have tried one!!!!! They are definately a HUGE downfall for me. It is a chinese appetizer that is filled with crab, cheese, or other stuff and fried. I love the cheese wonton's, but could eat too many too fast.

Jennelle 09-12-2002 08:06 PM

I'm tired of thinking about food. I'm tired of having to monitor every f-ing bite of food that goes into my mouth. I'm tired of it. I wonder if it's worth it. If I would just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full, I would be fine. That's the problem.

I haven't been to WW this week, and I didn't go last week. Not sure if I want to go anymore at all. *sigh* Whatever. That's about how I feel about all of this. Whatever.

missaprylj 09-12-2002 09:07 PM

Believe me, i know that feeling. please, keep trying though.... :( I know it's dumb, but just try to keep your goal in sight... good luck. Peace! -Apryl

MzPen 09-13-2002 09:40 AM

Some really great responses here ... you might try posting this same question on the Success board and see if you can get some feedback there as well ...

I think most of us realize that, having lost and gained, lost and gained, SOMETHING, some way of keeping control must be a part of our lives forever.

Pen