Back from vacation

• I just returned from a quick vacation, travelling to 3 states in 6 days (Arizona, Nevada and California). My boyfriend and I went to Disneyland and Las Vegas. My only plan was to not gain weight on the trip.

The trip was fun, we walked a lot and squeezed all that we could into the 6 days. I am happy to say, I weighed in today upon waking up and am sitting steady at 257.2. My weight the morning we left was 256.4 My "friendly" monthly visitor joined us at Disneyland so I am assuming that part of that is the typical upward flucuation I experience every month.

What worked for me while vacationing was: drink a lot of water, walk-walk-walk everyday, stick to restaurants that have salad bars and choose light options from what is offered. I also didn't eat 3 meals a day as we slept in most days skipping breakfast, so while I don't advocate eating only 2 meals a day on a regular basis that is what my eating looked like while I was away from home.

I think the #1 thing that helped me was not denying myself anything. I'm not a huge meat eater before I began to get healthy so when b/f wanted to go to places that center their menus around meat, potatoes and starchy sides I opted for their salad bars. Most places had gorgeous huge salad bars which worked for me. I drank a few beers and even had some decadent desserts (sharing something really worth it). Someone on here had posted the tip to choose really good versions of real food when on vacation but not to over do it. It worked.

Now I am back and ready to hit the real world with a vengance! Back to work tomorrow and back on my getting healthy plan 110%.
  • Call that trip a huge success! Much awesome!!!
  • that's a great job, Michelle! And I bet that when you look at photos and think back about the trip, you'll be even happier when realize that you are moving forward with your weight loss and not trying to play catch up for any vacation gain.
  • That is wonderful that you made it back without gaining any weight. Thanks for the tips. I will need them when DH and I head out for our anniversary weekend the end of April.
  • That is such a GREAT approach - I am glad it went so well!
  • Sounds like a great, in-control trip! Glad you had fun and don't have any regrets!