Goofy workout question...

• Ok, so I know to harness "the girls" up in an Enell bra. I'm well endowed and that's about the only bra that allows me me to jump around doing higher impact workout. Yay.

What the heck do I do about my stomach? I'm plus size, and it isn't that I can't jump around... it's that I don't like my stomach slinging around unsupported.

It seems silly to avoid higher impact work just because of that. I'd lose faster burning more calories, and I'd burn more calories doing livelier workouts.

So... how are you guys coping with it?

Am I missing something? Is this one of those things that nobody talks about? Are there secret shorts I haven't found yet? Beyond a basic compression short?

A.
  • i just have a work out shirt from lululemon its a bit thicker and and bit tighter just enough to make me feel like everything isnt bouncing about try a lyrcaish shirt more form fitting... or what i used to do it .. just wear a tank top that tight then wear a thin hoodie thaat is one size to big for comfort!
  • I wear shorts that girls would wear under a cheerleading skirt or the like with an oversized t-shirt. I haven't had that problem dressed that way, but while I definitely have a belly, it isn't where I carry my weight. My weight is mostly solidly in my calves, knees, thighs and rear.

Try that though! They're a nice tight fit around the belly.
  • I wear the Nike dri fit pants with a long t-shirt
  • Yeah, the same thing happens to me....I definitely just try and ignore it. lol
  • Thanks, guys!

I'll keep experimenting with different top/bottom combos.

A.
  • you know those body suits that gok wan makes the girls on his show to where to get a flatter tummy you could try that :/ they are very restricting though, I got the shorts version for a night out and made it an executive decision just to not go to the bathroom all night coz I knew I'd have to wrestle with them but it stos the jiggling
  • I try to ignore it.
  • I COMPLETELY understand. I was riding the bike today and it was like my stomach was doing wavings it was jiggling so much. Ugh.

if it really bothers you, walmart sells a 1 piece girdle type thing for about $20.
    If it just kiiind of bothers you, put something skin tight (tank top, old shirt that used to fit lol) under your long t shirt?
    Wear a bathing suit under your clothes?
  • Oh, I am so with you here!

I bounce once and my stomach continues at least 10 more times. I used to joke about carrying a basketball in my tummy when I was pregnant. 18 years later and I can dribble the silly thing!

I am liking the bathing suit idea, and the Y has a pool I could just slide into after my workout..... cool!
  • I have a real problem with belly fat. I had 4 kids and carried ALOT of weigh in my belly. After loosing weight it is actualy more of a problem because it sags so bad. (sounds like a roof in need of repair lol) But ya jumping and things it has a mind of it's own and tends to escape the top of my pants.

I try to wear snug hugh waisted yoga type pants. anything with a drawstring so I can seure the beast. But even then it takes some ignoring.
  • swim suits don't breathe well, uh, down there. I wouldn't recommend working out in them unless you want some not so pleasant side effects.
  • hmmm Ashley, I may have to rethink this.....