so ever since I went low calorie

• my weight loss... has sloooooooooooooooooowed. And now that I can see the 3 month trend it's slowed CONSIDERABLY. I went from 14-1500 calories a day and a moderately decent weight loss per month (around 7-8 pounds) and went down to 1200 a day in a bid to speed things up. Well it dropped it. A freaking lot. A LOT A LOT. down to under 4 pounds a month..

So tomorrow? 14-1500 calories. Apparently (for me) 1200 calories is NOT ENOUGH (for me).

Wish me luck!
  • Don't forget to that you are just a teeny tiny little thing now and have less to loose. It may just be slowing down time. Hopefully not. Hope you get the results you are looking for. 1200 does seem like a small number.

And Good Luch!
  • Sometims changing numbers does make our body think different things. If things are slow I think going back up is great. I know for me I do better at 1500 to 1700 and if I go lower than 1500 for longer than a few days my loss slows.
  • Yeah...I'm losing at micro-speed these days. I've just increased the exercise quite a bit and still at 1200 calories. I'm hesitant to increase the calories because I think that's why I slowed down in the first place!

It's so hard to know, isn't it?
  • cfmama, congratulations on losing 178 pounds ! That is awesome !
  • I hate finding the perfect calorie range because it seems like such a pot-luck thing most times. If you've been at 1200 for the past few weeks and things are slowing down my guess is that your calories are too low or your body is just adjusting to the weight loss and is doing its thing.

Have your measurements been changing? If so, then maybe your body is adjusting. If not, then I'd definitely suggest upping the calories a bit.
  • I guess you just have to find what works best for your body. Was you feeling hungrier on 1200 calories? Good luck on adjusting your calories. I hope it helps.
  • I remember having that problem too! I used to eat 1600 and lose but when I cut to 1300 I stalled. Good job figuring it out. But you know, 4 lbs a month is still a good loss! Hang in there.
  • It's great that you track it so closely you can figure out EXACTLY what the issue is, and fix it! Luv ya!
  • It was THREE MONTHS I've tried this... three months. My husband and I are doing a month long "no scale... on plan" challenge with each other and so I'm going to give 1500 another good long try. ALSO I've RAMPED RAMPED RAMPED up the exercise now that's warm and I can get outside. I was only doing my WATP dvd's 3ish times a week and slacked off on weight training. NOW (for the last three weeks) I'm back to walking 5-7 times a week for up to 10 miles (recreationally) and I don't think I'm getting the calories I'm need to sustain this.

On May first I'm going to weigh... see what's up. And go from there. But I have to give this a good try first. And really??? It's still 800 calories per day UNDER my calorie needs (2300) so I'll keep losing weight anyways.
  • I generally do better at 15-1700 too, actually. Steady, comfortable weight loss without too many terrible cravings.
  • Upping the exercise always does this to me too. It may not be the calories, but you won't know until you try. My clothes keep getting looser even though the scale doesn't reflect anything.
  • It certainly sounds worth a try.

But it really is hard to pinpoint the EXACT reason of your slow down.

You did mention that your exercise was diminished and if I do recall correctly (I could be wrong and if so I apologize), you had a couple of celebratory off plan meals during that time. Also, like someone above mentioned, you ARE smaller, you've lost QUITE a bit (a real LOT) and it may have slowed regardless.

Even though you may never be able to know the precise reason for the slow down, I have no doubt that you will CONTINUE to lose each and every excess pound on you. You are one determined and committed lady. Tis' been a pleasure to witness your incredible journey thus far and I thank you so much for sharing it with us .
  • Oh I totally had some off plan meals. Totally and completely. And that added to the slow down as well I am sure! And the diminished exercise for sure. But I do know that I am BURNING about well over 400 calories per exercise session and I am HUNGRY HUNGRY with just the 1200 and SO much exercise. Contributing to the "off plan" meals you know?

I'm going to give this a try. See what happens. Worst case scenario? I only lose 4 or 5 pounds. Best case? Well I lose a whole bunch! Should be an exciting month for sure!
  • ~I am down to losing 3 pounds or so a month~Which is soooooo aggravating So I know how ya feel~I am at my same as always calories though 1400 & doing more exercises lately ~maybe that is my proud & yours Maybe we are over exercising.~UGH~Always something ~LOL! At least we are still dropping pounds!~HUGS TO YA GIRL~& SO VERY PROUD F YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! YOU ROCK!